sounds like no compression???????

wicked_TurboLV

wana race my lowrider???
well i was driving down the road at about 35mph when this old lady was going about 25mph in front of me. So i decide to pass her up and mash on the gas to get past her once i got passed her this loud pop came from the car and it shut off. I pulled over to the side and tried to start it back up but nothing happend. In fact the car sounded like everything in the engine was spinning but with out the sound of it trying to fire up. You could really hear the lifters working and everything else spining. Then after a few tries the lifters sound stopped but everything keep spinning. what the hell happened to my car any ideas guys thanks.

what kinda other damage would i be looking at if my timming chain is broken. would any of the valves be bent or any other internals damaged.

it's possible it might even be an intercooler hose popped off? check simple stuff first.

Even when the IC hose pops it will still start. I had the same problem once. Like John says probally a timing chain. Easy way to check is pull the cam sensor off the drive and see if the wheel turns. I bent 2 intake valves, one on each head but 8445 heads are cheap and plentiful in the yards down here.

Eric Fisher