Something wrong?

Whut

Addicted to Boost!
In my endless journey to get my car running good I noticed something.

When I foot brake it and build 6 PSI of boost my power injection light just shoots right on. There is no ramp up, it looks like it goes from nothing to full blown at the drop of a hat.

What number seems to be the most common to set the dial at.

On a progressive kit, it should turnon dim and progressively get brighter. You didnt mention whose kit, so i'll assumme its mine.

Put a voltmeter across the red/black pump wire connections at the box and hit the "TEST" button. You should see 3.5-4.0 volts DC. If so, then your 12v bulb should not be bright. If you hit the "TEST" and it shows 8+volts.. then someone turned up the Initial inside the box and you need to set it back to its factory setting. You can refer to the installation guide and put it at 12 o'clock.

I cant speak for other systems.

Its yours, and thanks for the reply.

I will check the voltage this weekend while I am testing a bunch of other stuff on the car. So the box youre talking about is the small one under the dash right? What about the box with the test button on it. What does that one do if not control the progressive nature of the system.

Oh, and plenty of moves and many packing and unpacking of everything I no longer have the instructions that you sent with the kit. I am sure it would answer all my questions too. :eek:

Oh, and plenty of moves and many packing and unpacking of everything I no longer have the instructions that you sent with the kit. I am sure it would answer all my questions too. :eek:

Send me an email and request the instructions for the GN kit.

The blue gain knob controls ramp. The Initial inside controls slope. perform the voltmeter test, and i'll know how to help you.