Something was watching me this morning

BG86

Building Boost
I was in the woods this morning scouting out a spot to put a stand and decided I was gonna walk instead of taking the 4 wheeler. Half way into my walk felt like something was watching me. I never did see anything, but could hear it on the leaves and all.

I fired one shot into the ground from my little 22 mag pistol. Mainly for hogs and scaring off coyotes. A few moments later heard it again. Finished my walk to where I figured I was going to hunt and whatever it was followed me halfway out of the woods and stopped about 100 yards from the open field.

I never seen what it was and it was not afraid of gun. However we do have a 400 yard shooting range in the field. So it could be used to it.

This is the most uneasy feeling I have ever had had in the woods. I still dont know what it was.

I doubt it was bigfoot and no banjos out here. We killed that guy years ago. Lol

bf.png

Probably was a ** Smart ** wild pig, setting you up to turn your back on it. Any other predator would have been visible in your walk.

A .22 and a hog?? Hog WINS, every time!:eek:
We shot one in my bud's back yard. .308 @ maybe 30 yards. Fell, got up, snorted, took off to the woods. Came back for more...He got it! My .223 and a couple more .308s. To be sure, a .357 in the ear.
When messin' w/ hogs, DO NOT take a knife to a gun fight....
So far, in the last 2 yrs...7 down, w/ the biggest at 367#.

Where are you located?

Ever think cougar?

I'm not talking about the hot divorcee who preys on younger men either.:D

I normally have a 308 with me chuck. I was just scouting a spot and figured my 22 mag pistol would be ok since it holds 30 rounds.

Lord knows I wont go back in the woods without something bigger.

Hogs here usually in packs and that gun shot wouldve made them move. Im thinking its a cat.

Where are you located?

Ever think cougar?

I'm not talking about the hot divorcee who preys on younger men either.:D

Im in East Tx by Louisiana and just sw of arkansas.

More then likely it is a cat

Last edited:
Im in East Tx by Louisiana and just sw of arkansas.

More then likely it is a cat
Mountain Lion / Puma/ Cougar, all the same. Beautiful animal and thankfully making a comeback in many areas.

If you can avoid shooting it, maybe you should. I would do all I can ( just short of an attack, of course!) to avoid having to kill it.

Just my opinion.

Very well could have been a bobcat. They are extremely stealthy and hard to see. Their population is slowly on the increase. One was spotted by a ranger in a state park here in SW Ohio.

Yea, were going to throw cameras out now. Gonna see if we have a kitty problem.