Someone Tried To Rip Off My T !!

Chris Cornett

This morning at about 2:00 I heard an alarm go off. I jumped out of bed and sure enough it was mine. I have only been driving this car regularly for a week. I have not had a chance to get a good alarm put on it yet, but the stocker saved my butt this time. The SOB jimmied the drivers door and screwed up my new window felt.:mad:
I live in a great neighborhood and the car was parked in my driveway. I will be going next week to get a good alarm put in. It is pretty bad when you can't even have a 125K mile driver without someone trying to take it from you.

Yours must be in nice condition for him to want to steal it.

Maybe you should buy a blocker car to put behind your gn
so they can't get out of the driveway.

I wonder if he wanted radio or whole car..

Must have been the whole car as the radio is a stocker. It is a nice driver quality car, far from a show car, as it is my daily driver. It sits in the garage next to the GS until I get a good alarm.

Been there.

At least you caught them before it was too late, I woke up to have two tires on the Buick slashed, my truck popped, passenger door popped and for whatever reason, they popped the hood.

The El Camino had the stereo stolen and the column popped, I think they tried to steal it with no luck.

:mad:

A few months later the trunk was again popped on the Buick.

since when is dearborn hts. a great neighboorhood? That is the shopping ctr. for cars for Detroit thieves! (And east Dearborn ones too.:D)

What are you basing this on. For 1 thing arabs don't steal cars. Nor do they hardley ever leave the Mecca of east Dearborn.Besides, Cleveland aint so great either pal.

I had the same thing happen a few years back. I had to take the GN to work one day, when I came out the door was open, the column cracked open. Dumb ****s didn't see that I had taken the ECM with me. :rolleyes: No ECM, no drivey. :D

Yup, broken columns suck. It takes alot of disassembly in order to get down to the simple collar that gets cracked open. I ended up pulling the column, storing it in the garage for resoration at a later date. I replaced it with a tilt column from another Regal after switching over the lock and steering wheel. Now I use a column guard and still pull the ECM anytime I am not within sight of the car. :mad: The odds of a thief bringing an ECM compatible with my mods with him is extremely remote.

The part that really pissed me off that that you could see the passenger side kick panel was gone and the harness connector dangling there plain as day. Only a complete idiot would still break in and crack the column with the ECM missing.

Until you get time to get a security system in unplug you ECM and take it with you when you go home.

If you don't want to take time to remove the whole ECM, you can always just unplug the orange ecm wire under the hood.

Originally posted by Joe 1320
The part that really pissed me off that that you could see the passenger side kick panel was gone and the harness connector dangling there plain as day. Only a complete idiot would still break in and crack the column with the ECM missing.
That's probably why he was trying to steal it in the first place. He figured if you were driving it like that, you must have swapped in an awesome, carbureted V8 & ditched the lousy, computer-controlled V6. :p