Someone drove this??

esinger

Stroker Hot Air
Went to dinner with Pat (SloGN) and just couldn't resist taking a few pictures of this wreck sitting in the parking lot. Most cars at the junkyard look better than this. I'm sure that being nighttime only helped it's appearance.

2011-12-21_20-28-52_489.jpg2011-12-21_20-29-04_389.jpg2011-12-21_20-29-16_665.jpg

I never really looked down on someone for what they drive, you never know if they are disabled,or have personnel problems that do not allow them to buy nice things,just sayin.

Hey Eric, this looks like your car that you owned not too long ago?? lol just kiddin with ya, guess you sold it finally!! Pat made me say this :) Bill in asheboro

I never really looked down on someone for what they drive, you never know if they are disabled,or have personnel problems that do not allow them to buy nice things,just sayin.

+1

My grandfather drove an old beat up Ford Ranger that he had wrecked more than once, he didn't care what others thought of him. At the time of his death, his estate was valued at over $5 million. He could have drove any vehicle he wanted, but chose to drive a beat up pick-up truck. To most board members we place a high value on our vehicles, but in all honesty, they don't define who we are.

I have to agree with the OP. There is a line one must draw.

5 mil? no disrespect but that was just being a miser. He could have gotten something nice for 5 to 10k.

Ones vehicle is like a part of clothing when we go out. We don't have to look incredible but an attempt to look presentable should be made.

D

I have to agree with the OP. There is a line one must draw.

5 mil? no disrespect but that was just being a miser. He could have gotten something nice for 5 to 10k.

Ones vehicle is like a part of clothing when we go out. We don't have to look incredible but an attempt to look presentable should be made.

D

I can agree to disagree. My grandfather grew up during the great depression, he worked every day of his life except Sunday. Having seen what poverty was all about he chose to not have to go through that again. He also owned a Lincoln towncar and a 65 mustang. He just chose to drive the pick-up 99% of the time.

He was also a WWII veteran and landed on D-Day, 1st ID on Omaha Beach. To say that his culture and upbringing were different than ours is quite an understatement. The point I'm trying to make is you can't judge a book by it's cover. Just because all of the commercials on TV/internet/movies tell us, we must wear this, look like this, drive this, and eat this to be cool, doesn't make it so. I choose not to buy into the hype.

I can understand that. My father didn't own a pair of shoes until he was 13 years old. So he was a veteran. Very nice. Sounds like he was a good man.

D

It's not nearly as fancy as my dd. :p

Attachments

• Walmart-Car-JPEG.jpg
    Walmart-Car-JPEG.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 480
Hey Eric, this looks like your car that you owned not too long ago?? lol just kiddin with ya, guess you sold it finally!! Pat made me say this :) Bill in asheboro

Now Bill, my pieces of chit never looked that bad. Can a car like that even pass inspection in NC? I mean your eye couldn't even pass that one :)

The way I see it... If it runs and drives and wont leave you stranded, then atleast its better than walking. Ive driven and own complete POSs and drove them with pride (like I was driving a bentley) and I could care less what people thought of me, I wasnt walking.. Growing up, we didnt have a car... and we walked and took the bus miles to get to wherever we needed to go... We drove a Buick Somerset with a MASSIVE hole in the hood, no radio, rusty floors, multicolored, roof, dents and missing a passeger window ( a cat crawled into the engine and died from what I remember) and it was sooo much better than walking. We had heat, each others conversations... ill never forget that car. YOUR car is YOUR car, not your neighbors, your friends, strangers, ect... as long as its my opening statement... the drive it and Damn what others say...

Yeah thats a nice tow strap he's abusing... Yeah I have a good friend that is a millionaire by inheritance, and he is the way the spoke of grandfather is, nothing wrong with it, just odd given ones normal character. Wears coats that are ragged and with no zipper, has them either pined together with a clothes pin..not the needle like kind, the wooden kind you hang clothes out on the line with!
Drives a real beat up car, but he also has a nice harley and a Trans Am. Wears glasses that are decades old, and goes to Sam's to eat lunch by eating the freebies around the store till he's full!
Anyway...this thread has motivated me to scan in a pic I took years ago before digital camaras were prevalent of a once very nice car now heald together with duct tape :) ...give me a few minutes...

To most board members we place a high value on our vehicles, but in all honesty, they don't define who we are.

Actually in a sense, they do. Yes I understand there are exceptions to the rule but I don't know of too many wealthy people that choose to drive junk cars because they want to. I myself grew up driving junk cars that had holes in floor pans, no heat or a/c, engines that burned more oil than fuel, leaky gas tanks...you name it. And not because I wanted to but because I was dirt poor and could not afford anything nicer. Ask most anyone what they think of about the person who drives a junk car, and they'll probably respond with "too poor to afford a nice car" or "some scrounger that lives in the ghetto somewhere"....in reality, yes said person might be neither, but it's the "perceived image". Just sayin....

Then again some poor people drive nice cars so people think they're richer than they are.

And go without more important things such as good food and health care.

I didn't see anything wrong with the cars posted. ;)

Many sides to this car pyschology....