Some Times I Just Hate Working On Cars!

KILL4PEACEUSMC

Team Infidel
The other day I drove my sons 03 2500 HD to work and noticed that it had an exhaust leak. I hate exhaust leaks and rattles, but my son never seems to mention things like that untill I discover them on my own. Add to the fact the damn thing was out of gas when I pulled out of the driveway just seemed to make matters worse. After inspecting the exhaust (6.0 gas motor) I found that both cylinder heads have broken manifold bolts. Yea.....just what I want to do! Well the first 1 on the drivers side was broken off right at the head so I was able to weld a nut on the remaining bolt end and used my 3/8 impact and she flew right off. Ok heres were it gets ugly......Yup you guessed it the other ones were broke off fush. And to top it off theres no way in hell to get to the rear holes because of the interferance with the A/C box and various body issues. Not even with a angle head drill. So I popped both heads off and proceeded to drill out all the broken bolts, not to big of a deal if you have decent drill bits. Ok now for the fun! The first extraction......SNAP broke the freekin easy out! Great! tool steel, undrillable, fun fun. Well 4 hours later and 2 trips to the local tool suppliers and 3 carbide $8 drill bits Ive got the heads fixed. (actally called on a set of remans just to see how much they are)! Now if I can just get back to my paying customers cars!

I feel your pain.. I recently had to throw out a perfectly good 4.3 for a Blazer because of while I was verifying the main torque specs I snapped a main bolt,(I over torqued to the wrong spec) then broke an eay out in the hole. One problem always seems to create another one. I have yet to have an easy projecy on ANY vehicle I have owned.

Ugh! That would really make me upset! On a side note, while re-installing my power steering pump pulley, I was trying to "Flat Rate" it and not remove the radiator fan, my installer went in at a slight angle and ruined the threads inside the pump.........add power steering pump to the carnage........

I recently had to throw out a perfectly good 4.3

Ya that suxs i got a 4.3 in my 92 1500 and love it good moter It hase 196,200 miles on it and going strong :D

I am constantly working on my Son's Monte & s-10. It seems to be one thing after another. The worst is it will happen when is is ZERO or above 90 outside..

Hell if it isn't the buick, it's a friend or relative, if it isn't that it's mine when it's 20 fricken degrees out. Last thing I fixed was easy for once-new radiator cap on the grand am:) As far as the buick goes it's losing it's luster again. One bolt is rusted to the bushing on the lower control arm. Gonna try cutting it but probably gonna end up busting out some heat. Then I got 2 LCA bolts on the rear to chop also. Always happens at the end, bolts break, won't come loose, tools break, knuckles break, it just isn't fun after a while.

Wasted my day working on my 98 Grand Prix GT. Had an ABS and low trac light on it forever so decided to buy an ABS scanner on ebay by Actron. Said it worked with all domestic vehicle from 96 and up. Well, didn't read the fine print that said it might NOT work on some vehicles.

Got it in the mail the other day and hooked it up to the car and the Grand Prix is not listed on the scanner. Called Actron and they said that it will not work on the GP as it has too complicated a system. Oh well, it is back on ebay.

So after doing a bunch of "research" on some GP boards, it seems like the front wheel bearing hubs were shot. Lots of play in them and one of the tie rod ends was shot so planned on doing all of it today. Got everything back together and the abs light is still lit up and the car still has a road howl but not as bad as before. Sounds like a truck with some monster mudder tires on it. I know the parts I replaced were bad as there is no play any more but just wanted to see those damn lights go out. Time for some black electrical tape over them.:mad:

Oh yeah, got those on the 99 grand am too! Been on for at least 40k. Had my buddy look at it said it is the RF speed sensor (whatever the fluck that means;) ) Nah, just waiting for the hub to go bad then I'll deal with it. I'm not gonna talk about that car too much more cause I'll probably jinks myself:eek: