Some pics of the Engine Bay.

Redvette

1987 GN "Project Car"
engine bay 1.jpg

engine bay 2.jpg

engine bay 3.jpg

engine bay 4.jpg

engine bay 5.jpg

Heater core must leak, it's been bypassed.
Radiator core has some sigificant leakage. Needs recored.

Heater core must leak, it's been bypassed.
Radiator core has some sigificant leakage. Needs recored.

Thanks. I was hoping the pics would show some TELL TALE signs of what is happening. Both hoses coming from the Heater Core were bypassed.

108863d1283355499-some-pics-engine-bay-engine-bay-8.jpg

looks like the wastegate solenoid is not connected....not sure but I would think that would cause some kind of boost/vacuum problem

the little rectangular piece with 2 nipples sitting on top of the spark plug wires

I thought when I changed the plugs and wires that that piece was a clip that held the wires in place. I will check it out again.

Thanks.....keep the tips coming.

Car has been repainted ..

Also.. your wastegate line is not plugged in. Make sure it is plugged and not open. that would be bad..

Oh, I missed the "clean it" post. But judging on the fact that this car spent the last 22 yrs of its life as a "Station car" (meaning it was used to drive to the train station and parked), I doubt the previous 2 owners had it painted.
Once I get the engine , tranny, suspension, brakes and interior to a point I like, then I will have the car repainted.

In one of the pictures it shows a handwritten number and date in Silver Pen.
Anyone know what this indicates? Could it mean that it was the 56th car built on that date????

It may sound crazy, but I would pull the engine and give it and the bay a detail/paint job. An engine compartment that dirty would drive me insane.