Some older Mustang Kills

mjones73

I have an 87 WE4 that's been sitting in my garage for about 8 years that I think I'm ready to finally get back on the road (buying a house, getting married and having kids tends to suck up all your extra cash.) Anyway reading these stories reminded me of two of my favorite Mustang kills. Both of these happened about 96-97 back when I was in my early 20's and my car was basically stock with some minor mods. I of course don't condone street racing anymore, I was young and a bit reckless. :D

The first one I was hanging out with a buddy that had an 87 GN one night and this Mustang LX we've seen rolling around before comes through the lot. It had the typical bolt ons at the time, aluminum wheels, gauges on the hood, flowmasters, etc... Anyway my friend who never races his car follows this guy out of the parking lot and I tailed behind him. We head down to our favorite place to race and my friend decides to move over and let me race him instead.

So we go from a dead stop the first time and I end up pulling the guy by a car length. We slowed up and the guy tells me he wants to go from a roll so we make a u-turn on this 4 lane road we are on and are rolling side by side at about 10 MPH with my buddy in his GN is behind me. As we are rolling and I'm counting out the window, neither me or the guy in the Mustang realize a Maryland State trooper had pulled out behind us.

I end up pulling the guy for a car length again, we start to slow down, I look in the rear view and see the cop lights come on. The guy in the Mustang didn't see it and had already pulled into a turn lane to make a u-turn, I on the other hand laid back into it and hopped the cop didn't follow me. Luckily for me he went after the Mustang instead and I got the hell out of there.

So the Mustang owner got beat twice and got nabbed for street racing all in one night.

The second one is much shorter, me and another friend who had a Lumina Z34 were out cruising in our cars one night and this Mustang GT rolls up next to me revving his motor trying to get my attention. I look over and it's some guy with his friends trying to show off. Anyway we weren't in a place we could race so I moved on.

I get down to a more open road, get caught at a red light with my friend behind me and see this car come flying up besides me at the light. Low and behold it's the same Mustang and again he's revving his motor and his friends are all laughing in the car thinking they are gonna spank me. The light turns green, we both spin a bit in first, I fish tail a bit, hit second and literally leave him standing there. My friend in the Lumina Z34 then passes them too. He told me after the fact when he passed them, they all looked stunned.

Anyway, thanks for reading, I hope to have my car back on the road soon and it's gonna be hard to resist racing some of these newer muscles cars on the street.

Matt
87 WE4

Welcome to the forum. Good kills. When you get a chance post up your mods in your signature.