Some kid asked me to race...

Matt37

A kid that has a 2006 Mustang GT coupe asked me to race.

He said he would smoke me by 7-8 car lengths and I disagreed.

Would he really kill me??

Its a 5 speed and my 87 GN is all stock except for a MAF.

I think they run around 13.5 with a good driver. I raced one from a 40mph roll and pulled about three cars pretty easy but I have some mods.

How stock is stock? Have you done a fuel pump at least? If not you should. If you have, turn up the boost a little and smoke him. (add some octane) I have a friend with the brand new Roush (spelling?) gt and he ran low 13's with it. I think he even had the under drive pully for the supercharger. In all fairness roush fattens the mixture WAY up when they under drive the supercharger so it doesn't have the effect it should. It's a warranty thing. Also, he was on factory rubber. Still, it's allot faster than the 06 gt's I've been in. HTH. james

I think they run around 13.5 with a good driver. I raced one from a 40mph roll and pulled about three cars pretty easy but I have some mods.

This kid just learned to drive stick about a week ago so I would not call him a "good driver"

He told me It wouldnt even be that good of a race and I found it hard to believe that those gt's would blow me away that easily.

He thinks he's on top of the world right now because he just got it, you know those guys that rev their engines in the Mcdonalds parking lots.... he is "that guy."

Please Find a way to beat him. I hate the kids that sit in parking lots. I bet all his buddys around him have cavaliers with loud fart cans that runs high 17s lol

Yes Preluder77! :D
After hearing he's "That Guy" you must beat him. I can not stand guys like this! :mad: Just put some good gas in it and don't spin the tires off the line. Practice on how much boost you can leave at before tire spin. If you have the money put an adjustable wastegate on it, a scanmaster, and an Alky kit. ;) You can't let this guy beat you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

Good luck ;)

Have to ask....
Why are you racing in your "stock" Buick ? You need to mod it a little if your going to race. Real stock Turbo Buicks for the most part were doing good to run low 14s. Many cars run that today.

A fuel pump and pressure regulator, adjustable wastegate to turn up the boost, add some octane, borrow some sticky tires and a decent chip and he is toast. sorry... I could not drive a "stock" car. ;)

At least brake boost it, and PRACTICE doing this. Press the brake and give it gas until the turbo spools and then let go of the brake and floor it. If you dont do that, you will lose.

At least brake boost it, and PRACTICE doing this. Press the brake and give it gas until the turbo spools and then let go of the brake and floor it. If you dont do that, you will lose.

You will have to borrow some tires if your going to run from a dead start.
If you don't have enough power to blow the tires away right now, you will lose. Power braking with sticky tires will certaintly help.

Now...you want to get this "kid" quick before the local modded Turbo Buicks find him. He is going to become very humble soon :tongue:

please teach this kid a lesson, doesnt anyone have a extra race chip they could lend him? if he learned to drive a stick a few weeks ago then trust me youll beat him. these are the kids that think the fastest way to get off the line is to bring it to redline and dump the clutch, at least he wont move for a second or 2. i used to love the looks on the faces of the ws6 "kids" when i had my stock wrx and would leave them. good times