Some interesting Updates to NE Dragway

Nice to see a track spending money on improvements vs closing the doors. Wish it was closer!

NHRA is taking it over,there should be all the big names coming back,I see it as a double edged sword,yes it will be nice,but it will also be drawing more racers,as it is on a street night two passes are average.

NHRA is taking it over,there should be all the big names coming back,I see it as a double edged sword,yes it will be nice,but it will also be drawing more racers,as it is on a street night two passes are average.

that only happens if you show up after the gates open and take your time getting out to get passes.

esp. on a wed night if you wanted to you could get 20 passes in I have friends that dont track prep or do any cool downs other than hood up in staging lanes

friday 5-8 passes provided you have gotten there early enough to be in line close to the gate and relatively prepared to race you can get 3-4 passes in in the first hour when they open the track , after that yes 2-4 passes once the staging lanes are clogged- worse when someone blows something up or hits the wall (which happened every time I went this year - hit around 1/2 track when they hooked up)

the key is getting right through tech before it backs up and into the staging lanes

personally I shot for 4-6 quality passes and almost always get them in whether wed or friday, only a few occasions where I only got 3 passes in

I agree with MURPH
or
go up when it looks like rain. The threat of rain knocks out 1/2 the field on a wednesday or friday night. That way you have a 50/50 chance that you can get many runs in. Its not like your that far from the track.:rolleyes:

GRUMPY YOU ARE SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME ON THE B-BODY BOARDS

NHRA/IHRA has happened a LOT over the years . I really don't see a difference in street nights. Matter of fact the past few years has been low turnouts on wed/fri nights. :frown:

It seemed like every time I went there this year,there was crashed cars,broken cars,(sometimes mine):frown:eek:f an event on Sat,and they were testing on Friday night,I only like to go on Wed. early when there is still a hint of track prep left.

Best track prep is friday before an event. They prep for event attentees that are test and tuning.

I agree with Murph. I did get burned once getting there early. I was 4th in line and the 2nd car that went blew up oiling down the track. Sat there for a hour.

Best track prep is friday before an event. They prep for event attentees that are test and tuning.

I agree with Murph. I did get burned once getting there early. I was 4th in line and the 2nd car that went blew up oiling down the track. Sat there for a hour.

remember in 78 nobody was there. I could go back to the pits make some adjustments & run & run & run.

Could always PAY $100 for the Private wednesday day session.

speaking of wednesday track rentals... they run right lane only and of course prep the right lane only so when the gates open if you are one of the first cars in the right lane you wil get your best 60ft of the night ;)

Yes, that's right. They do allow street tires on the left side on track rentals. I'm not sure if they prep it some.

speaking of wednesday track rentals... they run right lane only and of course prep the right lane only so when the gates open if you are one of the first cars in the right lane you wil get your best 60ft of the night ;)

It is so funny certian cars I had ran better on different sides.

My TT liked the right lane & got its best times there.

My 455 70 GTO loved the left land. Not sure why.

Personally I like the right lane just looking at the tree I thought was easier. But that is a whole diff subject.

What could get you disqualified or prevented from racing at the track?

tops on the list would be bad tires , no overflow/catch can , no tail light at night ,no working seat belt , no snell 2005 helmet -95 may still be ok I would have to look it up but I think this year is the year it isnt , missing lug nuts ,improper battery hold down , car capable of starting in gear, , not enough safety equipment for the times you expect to run.

many more but those would be the glaring ones they always check routinely in tech