Some good news…I started a business.

Great product looks fantastic! I would put a divider down the middle two separate parts that came from each side of the car. Also a couple more small compartments to hold fasteners on each side. As I am working on my car I always keep the fasteners and parts on the side where they came from.

Congrats on your new business wishing you the best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm missing it but how about a link to your GN Mat or website?
That's the one thing the forum is missing, a connection from the forum name to their business name or website if they are a paying vendor. Unless it is listed in the signature like SpoolFools or Scott W of GNS, don't take for granted people know who you are or what company you work for/own. We want to support our vendors!

That's the one thing the forum is missing, a connection from the forum name to their business name or website if they are a paying vendor. Unless it is listed in the signature like SpoolFools or Scott W of GNS, don't take for granted people know who you are or what company you work for/own. We want to support our vendors!

X2 unless you know, who would know. LOL. I think it would be smart for the vendors to have their business name in their title. Why not?

Thanks for your concern and support but I am not selling the GN mat on the forum....you can go through Dennis Kirban or Full Throttle both supporting vendors have this product. Again thanks for your interest...both vendors will be happy to sell you one. ;)

That works. At least we know where to get one from that shows support to 2 of our members. Thanks XRay!

Great product looks fantastic! I would put a divider down the middle two separate parts that came from each side of the car. Also a couple more small compartments to hold fasteners on each side. As I am working on my car I always keep the fasteners and parts on the side where they came from.

Congrats on your new business wishing you the best of luck!

This is my 13-14 Mustang design and I added an area like you suggested to hold fasteners.....was thinking of adding it to the other side also. I previously look at adding a wall to divide it like you first mentioned but it weakens the part and would allow it to bend at that point. Thanks for the suggestion.
2013toolmatc.jpg

Rick....thanks for reproducing the Tool Mat. I still like the first version over the current one.

The first version had a carpet type material which kept items from sliding around. The new version seems too slippery.

Although the beer holder sounds good, it's a bad idea. You could knock over over the can and spill the contents all over the tools/parts.

I like the magnet suggestion.

Just my opinion.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Rick....thanks for reproducing the Tool Mat. I still like the first version over the current one.

The first version had a carpet type material which kept items from sliding around. The new version seems too slippery.

Although the beer holder sounds good, it's a bad idea. You could knock over over the can and spill the contents all over the tools/parts.

I like the magnet suggestion.

Just my opinion.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Unfortunately I have no way of making the old style mat......but I appreciate you comments and it is dully noted.
This new mat has rubber added to the ABC so it is not as slippery as it could be.....I do have the option of adding more rubber in the mix, something I may do.

some good ADVICE rick in some of the above posts...i talk from experience having never had to work for anyone since i got out of my 3 year hitch in the army in 1969. your smart by doing the mustang tool mats. its all about numbers and the number of mustangs is huge
the magnet is a good idea.

taking your existing designs go to a major car show this summer so you can see first hand what cars your current production tool mats fit. that way you will know for sure. I tried years ago to Get in Summit and jegs no luck with our billet adjustable fuel regulars and i know we got a great product and price structure. otherwise it would not continue to sell as well as it has for 20 plus years. I met with both buyers for them.

take care

denniskirban@yahoo.com

some good ADVICE rick in some of the above posts...i talk from experience having never had to work for anyone since i got out of my 3 year hitch in the army in 1969. your smart by doing the mustang tool mats. its all about numbers and the number of mustangs is huge
the magnet is a good idea.

taking your existing designs go to a major car show this summer so you can see first hand what cars your current production tool mats fit. that way you will know for sure. I tried years ago to Get in Summit and jegs no luck with our billet adjustable fuel regulars and i know we got a great product and price structure. otherwise it would not continue to sell as well as it has for 20 plus years. I met with both buyers for them.

take care

denniskirban@yahoo.com
THANKS Dennis.......there is a reason your business is still going strong after all these years.....advise noted.

This new mat has rubber added to the ABC so it is not as slippery as it could be.....I do have the option of adding more rubber in the mix, something I may do.
How about coating it with some sort of rubber compound Rick? That would be fairly easy and it could be coated on both sides which will keep it from moving around.;)