Some Buick Help

M

MSJUDGE

Hey guys I am in Australia and am biulding a HP car in memory of my Boy friend who was killed in February 2001.

I am building a Holden Commodore Ute which will be a replica of his cars (Twin Turbo V8 Commodore Ute, TwinTurbo V8 Giocattolo).

What I need help with is my engine choice, I am going to build a Twin Turbo V6 which needs to make at least 700rwhp to beat the GTR's, cannot run anything other than pump fuel with no more than 100% Octane.

I am thinking either the 4.1lt Buick Grand National block or the 3.8lt Buick/Holden block that they use over here.

If anyone has some advice or can help me with the project in anyway I would love to hear from you.

Thanks again

Tracy
www.twinturbov8.com

86 and 87 GNs came with 3.8 litre intercooled motors. Last three number for block casting are 109, hence 109 block. I don't know whats available in your country but if I were you, i would try to put together a Grand National drive train. You can get all the info you need here at this site or gnttype.org ;)

Well I have been offered a 4.1lt GN block that a guy over here imported and I have been getting bitched at for the past 3 days that it is not as good as the Holden ones we have here and that is why I asked the question.

I have heard from other ppl that they are a fantastic block and my Tuner had his head mechanic look at it and he loved the block and advised me to buy it.

I am pretty sure that is how i will go just a matter of importing parts from the states.

I am not sure if it is a stage one of two, but the guy imported two block so I am thinking of buying both.

In order to win my HP class and the car show I am building it for, the engine has to make AT LEAST 700rwhp, the GTR Skyline's are in the same class and the one that Won this year made 631rwhp.

We are not allowed to run anything other than 100% octane fuel which in turn limit's our PSI.

Well, if you go to www.gnttype.org you can get information on blocks and cranks with pictures. Everything you need to know. You can use the 4.1 in your buildup. Many have here but the 3.8 109 block is said to be a stronger block. GNs did not come with a 4.1. Check out that site.

Have been to that site more than a few times and read a heap of stuff on the motor's, reason I came on here was to get responces form ppl not just read the article's.

As I said I am not sure what it is, but i have been told by the engine builder at the workshop that it looks the goods.

I have not been up to see the engine yet so I am not sure.

it would be best if you got the 8-digit casting/part number off the block before proceeding. Then come back and ask more questions.

Thanks for that John Will ring my tuner ansd ask him to grab it for me