Some advice needed

another

Attachments

• photo6.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 254

Awesome build. that some great fabrication going on. what trans are you planning on using??

Thanks, Lots of help from my Chassie guy Jay Ouder and Welder Extrodinare Huge Britt AKA U-Bolt....This whole build was started over a decision to switch to a two speed powerglide. We decided we were too heavy for the two speed and went on a diet.....One thing led to another....you know the drill.

maybe you can see it in this photo..

Attachments

• photo8.jpg
    photo8.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 248
I am gonna go all motor first and expect to see 8.40's with the 565 and maybe 8.20's on a cool day withe the 572.

I would love to put a turbo or twins on this one day but would need to bring in some help. The thought of putting boost in here is exciting.

Thanks, Lots of help from my Chassie guy Jay Ouder and Welder Extrodinare Huge Britt AKA U-Bolt....This whole build was started over a decision to switch to a two speed powerglide. We decided we were too heavy for the two speed and went on a diet.....One thing led to another....you know the drill.

maybe you can see it in this photo..

The powerglide is going to be a good match for that tube chassis. I have to say my project snowballed too. it started out with just wanting to run aluminum heads lol.

The PowerGlide will be new to me. I will miss the three speed wheelie car. It sure was fun and the crowds loved it.

The body is off now and the 7.5 Molly cage looks sinister.

Mounted the following:
Radiator
Trans Cooler
Steering
Catch Can
Vacuum Catch Can
Chute Handle and Cord
Shifter
Delay Box
Oil Accumulator
Battery Boxes
Fuel Cell
Fuel Pump

A few 1/4" bars left, some seat belt mounts & window net mounts and a D/S loop and it's ready for chassi and cage paint.
I will post pics soon.

It looks crazy with the body off.

thats not a car its a steamroller lol. huge tires... I`ll bet the car will hook on wet grass.

Thats a very nice car.Lots of work there. But a question ..what was the reason for using 2x3 square frame ?

Thats a very nice car.Lots of work there. But a question ..what was the reason for using 2x3 square frame ?

At first I was thinking 8.5 cert. Then I bumped up to 7.5 cert.

If I round tube the frame I could get a 6.5.

The front strut was the first thing I bought..it's ART.

Cool.... I'm just south of Jackson..... hope to get my '87 GN back on the road soon from 5 years worth of "scope creep".

What's that? Sitting around?

I have body parts

"Scope Creep" is what engineers refer to when you initially define what you are wanting to accomplish (a "scope of work") and as you progress toward your goal..... you keep adding things to do or buying stuff not initially in your definition or "scope" of work.

I started out with a stock engine that jumped time. I was only going to replace the timing chain and stick a 204/214 flat tappet cam in...... 50 miles later... it spun 2 rod bearings and a main bearing. I was then just going to find another block and save my original and build it with stock internals and put it back together...... one thing led to another...... roller cam...... girdled block...... steel crank....... GN1 alum heads..... etc.... etc..... hence the term.... "scope creep".

My problem is I have 2 kids and not much extra $$ for the project... so all the goodies took awhile to get..... and has really stretched out my project.

I hope to have mine cranked before Christmas with a little luck.....

Very nice!

That's great. I hope you see the results of all that work soon.
I would love to see the car. Would you run it at any tracks? (Gulfport, Mobile, Hattiesburg. Ect..)

That's great. I hope you see the results of all that work soon.
I would love to see the car. Would you run it at any tracks? (Gulfport, Mobile, Hattiesburg. Ect..)

I've ran before at Lucas.... just out from Montecello..... and at Hattiesburg. I'll probably go back to those at some point.... and up this way at probably the Junkyard in Canton (1/8 mile).

My car will be a pump gas and alky car.......with working a/c and a built 2004R OD tranny......I hope it will run into the 10's without pushing things too hard. A similar combo went mid 9's at 147 in an IROC of (board member) 88ZNX's. Mine will be a little smaller turbo running less boost..... stock headers.... OD.... and probably 300# - 400# heavier. Mostly.... it will be a street car I can drive to work if I want.

Your car looks like it is going to go 6's.... in the 1/4. Mine might go 6's in the 1/8 LOL.....