Solid mounts?

6togo

How many guys running solid mounts on the street with their LSX cars? Wondering how much vibration they add on street and highway?

Do you know if there any dramatic differences vibration wise compared to a rubber or poly type? Brp and Chassis works recommended the solids due to the HP/TQ level but i dont want to make is so ridgid i feel everything driving down the highway but on the same token i know some clearances will be tight so moving mounts may not be a good thing either!

I ran the hr parts mounts with the V6 before I upgraded to the LS V8. I can't tell the difference between two.

Thats good to hear i guess i will give them a shot did you redrill the frame for the Brp's to keep the motor closer to the firewall?

I mated up the LS to the existing trans location, drilled the crossmember bolted in with the supplied grade 8 hardware. There is no need to modify your trans Crossmember or driveshaft.

I am going to use a 4l80e which will probably change things a bit i dont have a driveshaft yet so that dont matter. Brp said a 4l80 will not fit with there mounts so i dont know what the story there is i know some guys here running that setup with no issues clearance wise.