Social Anxiety...

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
Anyone else suffer from this? its kinda wierd. maybe i dont put myself out that much. I dont talk to alot of people I dont know, but if I know the people long enough, ill open up (and start running my mouth) with no problems. If i dont know you or im within/with a group a people I dont know... I get kinda nervous and i dont really talk to people, then eventually bail out, unless im with someone I know. On the weekends, i usually go home, crack a drink, and either just chill by myself or work on the cars.

Im not sure if its social anxiety or if im just kinda shy... I dont open up much let alone say anything unless i know who im talking to. I have just as much fun chillin by myself doing what i want to do.

Now the limo was an exeption, i know who is all aboard. I dont go to the mall (cmon its crazy and people dont have respect for each others chit) Im not a big club person. At the junkard though, im at home... On the weekend I have no problem and like dressing up for a night out on the town, but would rather crawl through trash in my RV looking for stuff...

whats your take...:confused:

you've grown up

it's not shy it the fact that you found what's importatant to you you like cars, junkyard you deal with people or other peoples problems all week long.
Quite time is your destresser and as the hippies would say your bliss.

I do much the same, and yet their is times my job has required me to do nothing but talk and meet with clients and admin personnel give speeches Jogging at lunch was my de-stresser You talk to whom you want, thats the important thing

If you feel like this, speak to someone local. a trained counselor would be best.
If none are available maybe a local priest. But talk to some one soon before it could get worse. Everyone goes through a little something at some time so getting help early is great. If that don't help hit the zanax......:biggrin:

You said it yourself, if you know someone you open up and talk a ton.

There's nothing wrong with you, don't allow society/popular culture or modern pharmaceuticals to convince you there is something wrong. There is nothing wrong with being reserved in public or around those you don't know well, most of the time it is smart business to keep your cards close to your vest.

Enjoy the things YOU enjoy doing and that make you a living, and the rest be damned.

Pills are always the path of the weak minded! If there was a problem, and it doesn't sound there is, pills would be nothing more than a temporary solution to a long term problem. Be happy with who you are, what you are, what you have and learn to enjoy being in your own skin. Remember, it could be worse.

Very well put V8Assassin, I could not agree with you more...

X3!!!! As a Nurse I see Dr's prescribe patients chit ton of meds just after talking to people for 10mins and as far as im concered its not neccesary , But Dr's orders!!!! Your not missing anything out there by not conversing with randoms!! The only downside i could see is the pu-tang situation with not conversing with randoms:eek:!!!!!

You said it yourself, if you know someone you open up and talk a ton.

There's nothing wrong with you, don't allow society/popular culture or modern pharmaceuticals to convince you there is something wrong. There is nothing wrong with being reserved in public or around those you don't know well, most of the time it is smart business to keep your cards close to your vest.

Enjoy the things YOU enjoy doing and that make you a living, and the rest be damned.

Pills are always the path of the weak minded! If there was a problem, and it doesn't sound there is, pills would be nothing more than a temporary solution to a long term problem. Be happy with who you are, what you are, what you have and learn to enjoy being in your own skin. Remember, it could be worse.

Good advice,the older I get the less I want to be around people:rolleyes: The world has changed and it seems people are all about themselves and most will sell your soul for a dollar:eek: I am actually thinking of a new pup,great companion and always glad to see you;)

Kevin

X3!!!! As a Nurse I see Dr's prescribe patients chit ton of meds just after talking to people for 10mins and as far as im concered its not neccesary , But Dr's orders!!!! Your not missing anything out there by not conversing with randoms!! The only downside i could see is the pu-tang situation with not conversing with randoms:eek:!!!!!

Oh I still get my pun-tang fix... thats a must... :eek::D

Good advice,the older I get the less I want to be around people:rolleyes: The world has changed and it seems people are all about themselves and most will sell your soul for a dollar:eek: I am actually thinking of a new pup,great companion and always glad to see you;)

Kevin

you know what, im 19 going on 72 (im an old spirit) and ive learned that people are no damn good. People lie, cheat, steal, kill, will fck each other just for a buck... what people will do for money, sex sells, and after awhile it becomes alot of stress and ive gotten tired of dealing with it. Ive grown up in the city, and I love the city life (hell i breathe CO2), but the freedoms and peace of the country is what I love and i believe i need.

I was in louisiana one time and on a summer afternoon, a supercell was moving in. I was by myself walking down a dirt road in the middle of nowhere. And you know what... being in the middle of that storm by myself was the most humbling experience ive ever felt. The only thing around me were my thoughts, and my conscience. I felt like a big spec on an insignifigant planet.
you dont get that peace in the city. I was thinking of moving down south somewhere, doesnt matter where. Its gotta be hot year round though..
(anywhere from Los Angeles to Phonenix to Shrevport La), but still within decent reach of the city.

I'm the same way somewhat, for sure.... just cant agree on the city part :D I grew up in the city but hate it anymore someday I will live all the time up in the middle of the woods with no neighbors and a "people suck" sign at the bottom of my driveway :D

I'm very much the same type of person, 83turbo. And yet so many other people feel the need to chew my ear off, going on and on about themselves without ever asking or knowing much about me! I think that's part of the reason I'm not that outgoing. I don't want to bother and annoy other people! I have a small group of friends for many years and we stick together, so I'm happy.

so you're not a people person.. big deal..
no one ever thought it was any kind of a "disorder" until a drug company came out with a drug for it.. like restless leg syndrome.

so you're not a people person.. big deal..
no one ever thought it was any kind of a "disorder" until a drug company came out with a drug for it.. like restless leg syndrome.

Exactly, makes you wonder how the human race managed to survive so long with all the "disorders" out there :rolleyes:

Oh I still get my pun-tang fix... thats a must... :eek::D
You're still tappin ass. Not seeing a problem here. Go find some more and hit that and see how socially reserved you feel after that. Don't be scared to jump on the gernade once either....we've all done it!

Exactly, makes you wonder how the human race managed to survive so long with all the "disorders" out there :rolleyes:

Tell me about it. I'm tired...I'm gaining weight....my mcdonalds doesn't taste right, I'm moody, my penis doesn't work, my penis fires too soon....got a pill? Statistically we are the laziest country in the world and for some reason I also think we pop the most pills also...Does anyone see a connection here? The disorder is facebook, texting, dating sites, tv, turbobuick.com;). No wonder there's so many people claiming "social anxiety." Technology has made it to where there IS no real socializing. It's screwing up the younger kids for sure. A younger friend of mine just had this conversation with me last weekend. He said he was out having a few beers with his co-workers and some girl came up to the table and said "Would you want to text me sometime? What's your name so I can add you as a facebook friend" WTF? He said it was so stupid he didn't even pursue it.

Now if it was me I would have said, I'm Jesse, it's nice to meat you one-nighter. Have a seat next to me at my table and bring your friends over. Let's celebrate our newfound friendship with the strongest shots known to man. THen we can follow up our bar hopping with an afterparty at someones house other than mine. Done deal.

You're still tappin ass. Not seeing a problem here. Go find some more and hit that and see how socially reserved you feel after that. Don't be scared to jump on the gernade once either....we've all done it!

Tell me about it. I'm tired...I'm gaining weight....my mcdonalds doesn't taste right, I'm moody, my penis doesn't work, my penis fires too soon....got a pill? Statistically we are the laziest country in the world and for some reason I also think we pop the most pills also...Does anyone see a connection here? The disorder is facebook, texting, dating sites, tv, turbobuick.com;). No wonder there's so many people claiming "social anxiety." Technology has made it to where there IS no real socializing. It's screwing up the younger kids for sure. A younger friend of mine just had this conversation with me last weekend. He said he was out having a few beers with his co-workers and some girl came up to the table and said "Would you want to text me sometime? What's your name so I can add you as a facebook friend" WTF? He said it was so stupid he didn't even pursue it.

Now if it was me I would have said, I'm Jesse, it's nice to meat you one-nighter. Have a seat next to me at my table and bring your friends over. Let's celebrate our newfound friendship with the strongest shots known to man. THen we can follow up our bar hopping with an afterparty at someones house other than mine. Done deal.

Ah, the good ole days! :D

I'm very much the same type of person, 83turbo. And yet so many other people feel the need to chew my ear off, going on and on about themselves without ever asking or knowing much about me! I think that's part of the reason I'm not that outgoing. I don't want to bother and annoy other people! I have a small group of friends for many years and we stick together, so I'm happy.

EXACTLY I have a small cliq, but weve all been homies since middleschool (or since ive moved to Tacoma)

hey I Like this guy... hes right... People would rather talk to you on facebook or while doing 65mph in the fastlane with thier thumbs than look at you face to face. WTF is up with that?