SoCal Caravan

Chevota

Planning on leaving for Vegas Fri. between 9 and 10am Oct 3rd. If anyone wants to meet up somewhere on the 15 frwy for the drive up lemme know!!

-scott wile

Scott, I was planning on leaving around 9:00am from Wildomar. I could meet you near the Ontario Mills Mall. I will be towing my car so it will be a longer trip for me. Are you also towing your car? Maybe we can meet up with Reg West in Apple Valley.
Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff Rand
Scott, I was planning on leaving around 9:00am from Wildomar. I could meet you near the Ontario Mills Mall. I will be towing my car so it will be a longer trip for me. Are you also towing your car? Maybe we can meet up with Reg West in Apple Valley.
Jeff
Hey Jeff! Tried to get a room @ the silverton it was booked & they
said they weren't excepting any more Buick trash.So I found a room @ this place called The Barcelona I'm a little nervous since they offer rooms by the hour. LOL So I'm good to go. Things at the skunk works here are also progressing slow but sure. Regards Lou

Barcelona...quite the place, I stayed there a few weekends ago. Not to fancy but it does the trick. But it is real close to the dragstrip, only a few exits south. Anyone leaving Friday afternoon from the San Diego area?

Originally posted by waell
Barcelona...quite the place, I stayed there a few weekends ago. Not to fancy but it does the trick. But it is real close to the dragstrip, only a few exits south. Anyone leaving Friday afternoon from the San Diego area?
Thanks! for the feed back I'm just a little concerned about how secure the parking is.since I'm unfamiliar with the area.I keep hearing stories about cars getting ripped off & some high crime areas in Vegas. See you there. Regards Lou

Jeff - I'm down to meet wherever....maybe Lenwood would be good. I like to stop and have lunch there anyways. As long as I can beat traffic going up there I'm happy. BTW, I will be towing up there. How'd you make out with the weld shop?

-scott wile

Scott, last year we meet at the Starbucks in Barstow and that seemed to work out well. The outlet exit off the 15 is the one we used. How does 9:30am - 10:00am on Friday sound? Our next stop could be at state line for lunch if everyone is in agreement (It would be nice to get the hotel in time for 3:00 check in and then on to the track).
Jeff

There definitely was a significant number of TR's stolen a few years ago. As the story goes, someone associated with a local GM dealer was getting VIN's while customers ordered parts. Then they would get a copy of the keys from GM. (Of course they knew where the person lived too). They would then strip the cars, and the drivetrains would end up in dune buggies, etc. I can't validate this, but in a lot of ways, it makes sense.

So the theft problem has slowed down, but I'm sure it still exists. I don't know the Barcelona hotel, so that really makes me think you're in a bad spot Lou. Assuming that you're towing the car, you might be better off to detach the trailer and car at the Silverton, and then drive the truck to the Barcelona.

9:30 am at Starbucks in the Barstow Outlet Mall sounds like a winner to me.I was in Vegas a few weeks ago and the road up and back is a real mess so plan on about a 3 1/2 hour trip from Barstow especially pulling a trailer.

REG

Se ya at the track

Guy's,

I'll meet you at the track on Saturday. I got my replacement heads from Champion and I'm behind the 8 ball still needing to put the engine and trans together and get it installed. I can't get off from work on Friday so I'll see ya at the track. Drive safely. ;)

Neal

Neal, that is great that you will have your car ready for Vegas. Look foward to seeing you there. If you need any help give me a call.
Regards,
Jeff

That's good news Neal!! I will meet the rest of you guys at the Starbux in Barstow between 9-10am depending on traffic. Be on the lookout for the yellow beast!!

-scott wile