So Who's goin to norwalk???

BLACK MAGIC RACING

formerly turbo_canuck
It'll be my first time, and i have a few questions.

Can you leave your car/trailer on the grounds overnight like in BG?
Do they sell race fuel on-site?
Is there usually a good swap meet/vendor showing?

Thanks guys, lookin forward to it.

Im not sure about the leaving your stuff on the grounds because they have events friday night and saturday that are not buick related.

You can buy sunoco 110 or 112 there.

There always some vendor and swap meet but not as much as BG.Maybe more this year because of BG.
You will really like the track and the car show saturday is next to the hotel lots of people stay at.

The facility at Norwalk is beyond AWESOME!!!!! In my opinion it is the nicest facilty on the schedule. Last year the track was prepped very well for TSO and TSM. I am sure it will be the same this year.

I would venture to say that it is Tony Gomes favorite track:D

For those that enjoy a car show dont forget to check things out over at Arbys on Saturday.

Those that put this event on do a super job. I will do everything I can to attend this event. Who else is coming?????

The facility at Norwalk is beyond AWESOME!!!!! In my opinion it is the nicest facilty on the schedule. Last year the track was prepped very well for TSO and TSM. I am sure it will be the same this year.

For those that enjoy a car show dont forget to check things out over at Arbys on Saturday.

Those that put this event on do a super job. I will do everything I can to attend this event. Who else is coming?????

We will be there on Friday.... :cool:

After making some 1/8 shakedown passes on sat, last year will be old news ;)

Attachments

• the shop pics 019_edited.jpg
    the shop pics 019_edited.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 490
This has to be one of the best Race tracks, the facility and track are one of the best you will ever race at. A lot of people I know usually post their best times here, very well prepped and the staff is awesome. We will be there Friday to get some tuning in, car show on Saturday and looking forward to racing on Sunday. You normally can only leave your rig if you are staying at the track, usually enough parking by the motels. I've been told that there are a lot a people planning to attend this event, should be a lot of fun.

After making some 1/8 shakedown passes on sat, last year will be old news ;)

Wow! Didn't you just have the body off the frame on that car?

I'm going up Saturday after work. Wasn't originally planning on going so I did not request off. I have a feeling it will be a good showing do to BG being washed out.

I'm going....but just to spectate though I will drive the GN there so she can mingle with kin.

This will be my younger brother's first time at a Buick event so he is geeked to see what TR's can do, having only experienced my stocker.

I humbly request the following:

1) a wheelstand
2) a 9 second or quicker pass
3) nothing breaking and shutting down the track for long periods of time :)
4) non GM cars with TR motors in them and owners saying "I wanted to go fast so I dropped this in..."

As of this moment the weather for Friday-Sunday is sunny and low 70's. (weather.com)

Will

I am going to hold you to that Scott:)

His favorite phrase is "well for a little turbo motor it is fine but give me a big block any day"

Ahhhh.....little brothers...what can you do with them :)

I got the last room in the 2nd hotel I called so hopefully this is going to be a busy event. Going Sat afternoon and racing on Sun.

I sold my Buick a couple of months ago but I'll be at the car show on Saturday and at the track on Sunday with tons of stuff for sale. I have a huge pile of parts in my garage I'll be bringing, and I haven't even gotten up into the attic yet to bring down stuff that's up there. I don't even know if everything I want to bring will fit into my truck. Make sure you guys remember to bring some extra $$$!!! :biggrin:

In order to (hopefully) stay within site regulations I won't post prices here, and this stuff is not for sale here (otherwise this would be in the FS section). Please don't ask me to hold anything for you; everything will be sold on a first come first serve basis. I have no more use for this stuff so I want to be sure to get rid of as much as I can. A few of the things I'll have are:

GTA wheels, set of 4 fronts, black, some curb rash but otherwise nice, with brand new lug nuts/caps, center caps with tri-shield TR Custom Parts medallions, and valve stems

Brand new HR PartsNStuff poly motor mounts

Nice GN gray steering wheel, original leather, w/ horn button and trim ring (2 bolts that hold ring to the wheel are missing)

Brand new (never installed) black reproduction grille with grille springs

Brand new (never installed) black reproduction headlight bezels

Window glass for both doors and both quarter windows

Set of black wheel well mouldings (ALL FOUR PIECES), good condition

Stock electric fan

Stock starter motor

Black powder coated fuel rail

Brand new Caspers knock gauge

2-gauge pillar mount, already painted GN gray

Dash bezel for cars with Twilight Sentinel, rear defogger, and remote PS mirror

Header panel with no hood ornament hole

AC Delco AM/FM/cassette deck, 5-band EQ

...and a bunch of other stuff!

If the weather holds out I will probably go tonight for the Buicks and Door Wars (Heads up outlaw and drag radial)! Will definitely be there Sunday.

weather looks good for Sunday as far as no rain but low 80's and after all this rain I bet muggy....bleh....

I will be there at 9am hopefully. I'll be the one in the black car......