So if you had $1500 to spend........

Now that i got the car running good.
What are your recommendations for this budget?
My goals would be a dependable high 11 sec daily driver........
1986 buick grandnational
Car is stock except k&n filter and cold air kit, Trans was rebuilt at 90k and I have after aftermarket guages for boost, rpm, oil and fuel pressure.

What is your location? You can get there using race gas, E85, ot alcohol injection. Fuel availability is the first consideration.

Here' my list: Prices are close estimates!!!

1. Adjustable fuel pressure regulator - 125
2. New fuel pump and hot wirekit - 200
3. New Chip either a TT or Bob Bailey's - 100
4. Scanmaster 2.1 - 240
5. Maf Translator with LS1 or Lt1 maf - 300
6. Alky Control Kit - 600

Invest the $1,500 in something else to make money, trading gold, guns, ammo etc until it is $15,000, then spend it on the Buick.

Invest the $1,500 in something else to make money, trading gold, guns, ammo etc until it is $15,000, then spend it on the Buick.

Hey, not sure if you got it but I sent ya a PM :)

To the OP, do you have a scanmaster? I'd upgrade the whole fuel system first and put a newer double roller timing chain and a chip. Go from there.

If daily driver means everyday, go with an alky setup. If daily driver means drive to work a few times a year and maybe cruise a few weekends a year, go with an E85 setup.

Chips and fuel injector choices are so much better now than in years past.

And this whole board is nothing but a bunch of enablers, highly refined in their skills. "Here is some candy, little boy:D"

Some good suggestions, but heres what you REALLY need:
3. New Chip either a Full Throttle Extender chip, Reds chip or Jay Carter- 100
4. Direct Scan -50 to 100
6. 42.5 - 50lb injectors - 280-340 range
7. Mickey Tompson ET streets - 420ish
Lotta folks will tell you 'Alky and TT chips - the ONLY way you're gonna do it!' plenty of cars on here goin 11s and faster with 93oct only...just browse around ;)

Nitrous and tire will put you there, probably under budget too. Assuming the car is running properly right now, and the fuel system can support the power.

I have a great idea. Keep the cash under your mattress and save it for a catastrophic mechanical failure and enjoy it the way it is. Even in stock configuration they are bad ass!!!!!!!!!!! This was you have peace of mind.

Even bone stock they still need new valve springs, timing chain, rocker buttons, roller cam button, hotwire kit, fuel pump, chip, injectors, plug wires, radiator, and a complete fluid flush.

Here' my list: Prices are close estimates!!!

3. New Chip either a TT or Bob Bailey's - 100
4. Scanmaster 2.1 - 240
6. Alky Control Kit - 600
Skip the alky, spend that coin on a nice exhaust system if still stock