so i went to NAPA today and picked up some brakes for my 86 Camaro..

my GTA's will clear the outside of the caliper, but a 3/16" spacer is needed for the outside of the caliper to not hit the back of the spokes. i tried a 15X8 wheel off a mid 80's Chevy 1/2 ton pickup that i had crudely drilled to the smaller bolt pattern for some reason or another, and it looked like it would clear but the studs wouldn't go thru the holes so i don't know for sure if it would clear- i'm hoping it would, because then i could get some 15X10 stock car wheels for it.. gonna also try a Monte SS aluminum wheel to see if it clears- i don't think it will, but i'll know tomorrow..

anyone else that has done this swap: what banjo bolts do i use on the brake lines? they are different than the ones in the Camaro, and no one lists the bolt for the 2000 Camaro that i ordered the calipers for... i found some M10X1 bolts on the Summit web site, but i don't know how long they need to be.. www.dormanproducts.com doesn't list a banjo bolt in that size at all.. i could order them from Summit, but i prefer to get them locally... GM dealer part, perhaps?

finally got the brakes on the car.. only took about 3 hours, plus a 2 hour break in the middle to make a run to get some red loctite and cotter pins..

968915_10152930007740441_915589458_n.jpg

972227_10152930019795441_391748501_n.jpg

i decided to get new rubber lines while i was at the parts store, since it would be silly to trust 27 year old rubber hoses with those brand new calipers.. why did they make the left and right lines different? the only thing i could see different were the locating tabs where it mounts to the body.. that just seems kinda stupid to make that one little thing different and have 2 part numbers..

993060_10152930885800441_1582093273_n.jpg

the brakes gravity bled themselves while i picked up tools and what not- the pedal was high and firm right away, and it stopped awesome for the 4 hard stops i did out on the road.. should be awesome once i get the pads and rotors bedded together once i start driving it... but the best part is that my existing 15X7 Monte SS wheels cleared after a little massaging of the fins on the back of the calipers.. i had to grind away maybe .060, so i didn't take away much if any of the strength of the calipers..