So I Picked Up Another Mustang V. 2013 BOSS 302

DJ Red Barron

Door-To-Door Pipelayer
Just like the title says, I got a new Stang. This car is a BLAST to drive! Handles VERY well, has some damn impressive power and is an all around fun car. It's Gotta Have It Green. The brightness and the pearl are very intense in person. It reminds me a lot of the green Lamborghini used. Unfortunately, the color never shows up right in photograph but here are some some pics anyway. :D

01A.jpg

02A.jpg

03A.jpg

04A.jpg

05A.jpg

10.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

More pics here...
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...ehicles/2013 Ford Mustang BOSS 302/?start=all

Nice car! My cousin has an orange 2012. He stored it in my garage for a little while. I took out the baffles for the side pipes and it sounds so much better. Have you had the red key programmed yet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

damm thats one hell of a car...i like it a lot...and to say is all factory right?
Thank ya! Yea, it's all factory stock. The only thing done is the removal of the side pipe baffles.

Here is an underside pic of a L/S Boss. The exhaust looks just like this on mine.
01-2012-boss-302-underside.jpg

Nice car! My cousin has an orange 2012. He stored it in my garage for a little while. I took out the baffles for the side pipes and it sounds so much better. Have you had the red key programmed yet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick
Thanks! Yea, without baffles sounds SOOOO much better. The red key is programmed. That is such a cool feature. A tuner in a key basically. The track key idle is pretty cool, too. I am going to try to play with the launch control some today. A "factory two-step" is such a bad ass thing.

The car is begging for some forced induction. So much so, it comes with a factory wideband already in it. :D
35.jpg

And the weight isn't bad either. 3,580 with a quarter tank of fuel and without me in it.
47.jpg

Car looks great. I think your windows need more darker tint. Do I need to store that car for a few weeks?

Awesome car! I love them. Only problem though is that I hear they have gearbox issues.

Zack

ZNix said:
Awesome car! I love them. Only problem though is that I hear they have gearbox issues.

Zack

Here i though the "only"'problem was that it was a ford.. Lol.. Car looks real sharp, hows that 302 on power?

Car looks great. I think your windows need more darker tint. Do I need to store that car for a few weeks?
Thank ya! Yea, I agree on the tint. I may just go ahead and black em out. If I do end up needing long term storage, I will hit you up first! :D

Zack
Thank you!

I think the gearbox issue was fixed on them. I have hammered her pretty hard on the 1-2 shift and so far, it's perfect. And when just cruising, it's smooth like butter. A MUCH better feel than even my '11 GT500.

Here i though the "only"'problem was that it was a ford.. Lol.. Car looks real sharp, hows that 302 on power?
LOL! Thanks Mark! It's surprisingly powerful. Not quiete as insane as the GT500 was, but it sticks the power to the ground MUCH better. I had a 2011 5.0 that put 440 to the wheels. The Boss is rated at 444 to the crank and feels just as strong, if not stronger, than the 5.0 I had. The throttle response is instant and she pulls HARD all the way up to the 7,500 redline.

Nice. I've been wanting to get into an all black exterior 2011 + 5.0 Mustang....not to be like everyone else, but because I've hit a point in my life where it's not feasible to keep tinkering with what I have now yet still have something to drive thats just as fast if not faster plus handles better too. But so it seems I need to wait another 10 years for that dream to happen.

Thank ya! Yea, I agree on the tint. I may just go ahead and black em out. If I do end up needing long term storage, I will hit you up first! :D

Thank you!

I think the gearbox issue was fixed on them. I have hammered her pretty hard on the 1-2 shift and so far, it's perfect. And when just cruising, it's smooth like butter. A MUCH better feel than even my '11 GT500.

LOL! Thanks Mark! It's surprisingly powerful. Not quiete as insane as the GT500 was, but it sticks the power to the ground MUCH better. I had a 2011 5.0 that put 440 to the wheels. The Boss is rated at 444 to the crank and feels just as strong, if not stronger, than the 5.0 I had. The throttle response is instant and she pulls HARD all the way up to the 7,500 redline.

Good to hear! Also, the reason the Boss feels "just as strong, if not stronger" is because they designed this engine very well. The peak horsepower is held throughout its power band from something like 5500 - redline. It may peak at 444HP, but it averages just over 400 throughout the RPMs. Its a pretty great set-up. Ford did this motor right.

Sweet car...I bet the color looks much better in person, I will keep an eye out for one that color.

Bryan

I could not believe when I saw the tube from the air intake to the firewall on the 5.0. Gives you the 4 barrel sound effect they say. Thats pretty cool. I love the green boss 302. Thats a bad ass car .

Our local dealer had a "Gotta' Have it Green" Mustang and you're right, pictures do not do it justice. Congratulations on a beautiful car!

Nice. I've been wanting to get into an all black exterior 2011 + 5.0 Mustang....not to be like everyone else, but because I've hit a point in my life where it's not feasible to keep tinkering with what I have now yet still have something to drive thats just as fast if not faster plus handles better too. But so it seems I need to wait another 10 years for that dream to happen.
Thanks! Yea, the 11+ cars are REALLY fun. You may not have to wait all that long. The 11 & 12 models are finally starting to drop some. And with the new body style on the horizon for 2015, the previous years may come down a good bit.

Good to hear! Also, the reason the Boss feels "just as strong, if not stronger" is because they designed this engine very well. The peak horsepower is held throughout its power band from something like 5500 - redline. It may peak at 444HP, but it averages just over 400 throughout the RPMs. Its a pretty great set-up. Ford did this motor right.
Indeed they did. I have heard some people say the Boss is a sticker-job 5.0 with different wheels. That's definitely not the case, though.

Sweet car...I bet the color looks much better in person, I will keep an eye out for one that color.

Bryan
Thank ya Bryan! Yea, the color is very different in person than in photo. When you do see one in person, you'll probably spot it from a mile away. It's bright! LOL

I could not believe when I saw the tube from the air intake to the firewall on the 5.0. Gives you the 4 barrel sound effect they say. Thats pretty cool. I love the green boss 302. Thats a bad ass car .
Thanks chopped!

Nice car Barron!

Thank ya much, Scot!

Our local dealer had a "Gotta' Have it Green" Mustang and you're right, pictures do not do it justice. Congratulations on a beautiful car!
Many thanks, T!

My wife loves her blown 2012 5.0. Awsome car. Congrats.
Ohhh yea! I bet her car is a beast! Thanks shoebox!

That COLOR is AWESOME!!!!...... Friend has one in an off shade of Orange, almost pearlized, and doesn't look as good as that Gotta Have It Green!

Now when you find some extra cash, buy yourself a Hellion Twin Turbo setup for it!.....I win Powerball, I know where there's a new one for sale discounted, and I'd just have to have THIS with it......Take your limited edition Boss to the next level and beyond with Hellion Power System's '12-'13 Boss Mustang twin turbo system. Hellion's 100% stainless steel, complete bolt in system is the most powerful aftermarket performance system available for the Boss 302. Capable of over 1,200 rear wheel horsepower while still retaining perfect street manners, this system is the ultimate in performance for one of the ultimate performance Mustangs.
DSCN2000_590_442_90.jpg

http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/index.php/turbo-systems/185

That COLOR is AWESOME!!!!...... Friend has one in an off shade of Orange, almost pearlized, and doesn't look as good as that Gotta Have It Green!

Now when you find some extra cash, buy yourself a Hellion Twin Turbo setup for it!.....I win Powerball, I know where there's a new one for sale discounted, and I'd just have to have THIS with it......Take your limited edition Boss to the next level and beyond with Hellion Power System's '12-'13 Boss Mustang twin turbo system. Hellion's 100% stainless steel, complete bolt in system is the most powerful aftermarket performance system available for the Boss 302. Capable of over 1,200 rear wheel horsepower while still retaining perfect street manners, this system is the ultimate in performance for one of the ultimate performance Mustangs.
DSCN2000_590_442_90.jpg

http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/index.php/turbo-systems/185
Thank ya!! :D

Drooooooool!! Oh how I want that setup! :eek:

that is a great car. I had the chance to ride in a 2013 5.0 but it was an auto, it still moved, that's the way I would have it only with forced induction. As for the gotta have it green, it's definitely a colour you need to see in person to appreciate. I toyed the idea of buying a 2011 after selling my Marauder but at the time couldn't decide between an auto or a stick. They are starting to pop up on lots here, both 2011 and 2012 with low mileage. I might start looking in the spring as the wife sold a small condo she had and she said she wanted to buy something fun for her. That's a fairly light car too, I thought they tipped the scales closer to 4,000lbs.