So I finally had the car dynoed today.

mc575

The mods are te-60 turbo, 21psi, alky kit, 60 lbs injectors, rjs power plate, rjs front mount intercooler, rebuilt 30 over long block, stock heads, Comp cam 206 h, Th down pipe, magna flow exhaust, Xp furl pump 40 psi.
90 degree day, Mickey Thompson 275 street slicks, was running a bit rich...10.9-11.4 mixture.
Put down 338 hp and 361 torque on a dyno jet . Opinions? What do you guys think? Are these expected #s or should it be higher? Thanks for any input.

The shop tech stated the outside heat and street slicks may be holding me back which I'm aware of. Wasn't to sure about mixture, he thought Buicks should run on the rich side . I will possibly go back in the fall with regular tires when it's much cooler out and give it another run. I know it's just numbers so I'm not disappointed or excited. Still
Learning these cars as I'm new to the turbo Buicks.

Hmmm, alky with a front mount should off set the 90* heat for the most part...It should run a little richer than 11.4 with alky but every car is a little different...I had no knock at the track with a front mount and alky running 11.2 - 11.4 AFR....I think your numbers are a little off ,but those stock heads are not ported correct?? From one dyno to another can change things as well....

Not too sure but those numbers seem low for what you have and 21# of boost. I was thinking closer to 400 but not too sure

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hmmm, alky with a front mount should off set the 90* heat for the most part...It should run a little richer than 11.4 with alky but every car is a little different...I had no knock at the track with a front mount and alky running 11.2 - 11.4 AFR....I think your numbers are a little off ,but those stock heads are not ported correct?? From one dyno to another can change things as well....

Yes , no porting on heads. Only upgrade is improved valve springs.

That 60-1 is good for 28 to 30 psi especially on unported heads. Keep the AF ratios around 11.0 to 10.5 and turn up the boost, you are not making enough torque yet.

Maxed out, that turbo will make 540 hp and 590 ft lbs torque. Bison will pop in and say it will do more with alky, and he's right but get to 540 first and then you can go from there. And that was on a motor with ported heads and race gas long ago. By the way 540 at the crank is 432 at the wheels with a 20% drive train loss.

That 60-1 is good for 28 to 30 psi especially on unported heads. Keep the AF ratios around 11.0 to 10.5 and turn up the boost, you are not making enough torque yet.

Maxed out, that turbo will make 540 hp and 590 ft lbs torque. Bison will pop in and say it will do more with alky, and he's right but get to 540 first and then you can go from there. And that was on a motor with ported heads and race gas long ago. By the way 540 at the crank is 432 at the wheels with a 20% drive train loss.

The lower end is basically a stock rebuild with arp hardware. I was told by Cottons ( they built the engine) to keep it safe at 21 psi tops with 93 octane. I do not have a girdle or stronger main caps. So that being said how much power/ boost can this engine handle?

well what i would do is nothing!!!!!!! The best thing os to tune it at the track or the street with no wheel spin and make a pull. What i have seen when on a dyno is that tuning for max power the end result is a tune that is extremely lean. The dyno simply don't load the engine like tring to move a brick thru the wind and it's mass! so when back out at the track or the street you gotta retune it yet again!

With a stock motor you need at least 25 psi for the turbo to shine.

I put down 310hp and 405lb-ft torque at 21# pounds boost with mods in my sig. I would think your torque numbers should be higher.

Every guy on here could report numbers that will be different even with similiar set ups...But,,, who's doing the tuning, what dyno, what converter, so on and so on...I agree with the above post take it to the track and see what it does... Richen it up to start with and go from there.....You may find that what the car puts down is better than you expected...

At the track last year in May it ran a best of 12.1 @ 109 (owner before me) and it has a art Carr converter non lockup 3200 stall. Also has ck shift kit. I plan on racing it my self in the fall and maybe dyno it again. I just wanted opinions , input to see if the numbers are normal or should be a bit higher.

Those numbers are not bad...you are over 400 hp at the crank and 430ish tq.....there is plenty of room for improvement in the tune not only only with more boost but overall....what was the timing at? With lower boost levels more timing will help.....

Also a lot depends on how the dyno was setup.......I think a dyno is a good tuning device to get you close but it really counts at the track where the car is really working.

Whats the deal with the tires? That is the first time I have ever heard the type of tire affecting power output.....can someone explain thiso_O

Those numbers are not bad...you are over 400 hp at the crank and 430ish tq.....there is plenty of room for improvement in the tune not only only with more boost but overall....what was the timing at? With lower boost levels more timing will help.....

Also a lot depends on how the dyno was setup.......I think a dyno is a good tuning device to get you close but it really counts at the track where the car is really working.

Whats the deal with the tires? That is the first time I have ever heard the type of tire affecting power output.....can someone explain thiso_O

He explained to me that there may be resistance with sticky tires.

He explained to me that there may be resistance with sticky tires.
No such thing. I can see if you had street tires and was spinning them on dyno. That would give you a lower number.