So i decided to take the buick out for a little drive this morning

whitehot1

I normally check the weather conditions before going out but i didn't this time. I have the cooling temp set to maintain at 185 degrees but going down the road this morning the gauge and scanmaster were reading 140 degrees,it didn't feel that cold out. The car ran great during the 25 mile drive and that was what i wanted to check since i changed a few things from the time i drove it last;lifter preload,spark plugs,cam sensor assy,vac block/hoses,manual boost controller. I didn't get into any boost but i did run the car up to 80 mph on the short straight away coming back into town and it was effortless and flawless as it should be.

When i got back to the house i turned the weather channel on and the temp was 21 degrees and said it actually felt like 13 degrees. WOW i didn't expect to see that,crazy Ohio weather.Not sure i would have gone out for the drive if i had checked the conditions before hand.

Im surprised you didnt feel it when you walked out the house, assuming your garage is detached from your house.

I park my runabout in front of the garage door so i had to move it to get the buick out.But it didn't feel any colder to me than it did yesterday evening when it was in the 40's,weird. There was frost on the grass but the roads were clear.

I park my runabout in front of the garage door so i had to move it to get the buick out.But it didn't feel any colder to me than it did yesterday evening when it was in the 40's,weird. There was frost on the grass but the roads were clear.
I honestly can't wait till the temps drop. I badly want to hit the slopes.

Turbochargers LOVE cold air....count your blessings and glad you got to take her out for a drive.....I sure miss driving my GN in cold weather.....still working on mine.

Bruce '87 Grand National