SO frustrated. Help trouble shooting sputtering (maybe MAF?)

ez at nova

I hate rice
I just got the car back tonight after paying a ton of money to get a new converter put in. Everything felt great at first except idle was a bit lumpier than usual. Car ran fine though. 10 minutes later I got on the gas to see how it behaved and again it was fine. After I slowed for a few seconds though, the car started bucking and cutting out. I scrolled through the scanmaster and found the following:

BL = 96 to 130
INT = 108 to 150
CC's were odd...they increased by 20-30 per refresh (normal?) but sometimes would hang at one particular number around 115 for 5+ seconds.
No MAL codes

Then 5 minutes later the SES light glared at me and scanmaster showed a code 34. (If there is more than one code being thrown, how do you know?)

In my very ameteur opinion, I was thinking either bad MAF (mine is a Kirban rebuild, only 10k miles old) or bad O2 sensor causing those sticking CC's. But, would the bad O2 sensor be realted to a code 34? And when my last O2 went bad, I was getting crazy numbers like 999.

The car then started to completely die when I'd come to a stop. If not, it would just sputter and struggle, then sometimes rev way up to 3000 for a few seconds, then die down.

When I got home I tried the tap-test on the MAF and it seemed to kill the engine right away, but when I tried it again, it didn't seem to affect it, so maybe it was a timing coincidence the first time??

I unplugged the orange ECM wire (which I believe is supposed to clear the code?) and disconnected the MAF wire and started it up. It SEEMED smoother at idle, but not as smooth as it SHOULD be (still some idle fluctuation, but no sputtering...perhaps because the ECM was cleared and it was re-learning?). But, then the car had another code 34 right away. Is that just because I had the MAF unplugged and it will then immediately throw a 34?

I'm going to go re-check hose connections, but any advice is appreciated in advance.

code 34 is
MAF Sensor. Low Flow Indicated

when mine went bad it did about the same thing as you are having. Running very bad!!! Soon as you tapped it and it died there is your problem! You can try taking it off and spraying it out with electrical cleaner and see if it helps but I am betting my money its either really dirty or shot! Daniel Ray