Snuffed an EVO

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
I was on my way from work to Lou's shop for my new tranny and TQ converter today. As I rolled up to a light, I found myself lined up with my first EVO in my GN.

Oh Happy Day!!!:biggrin:

I've wanted to kill one of these lil' fart knockers since I bought my GN, but they were always going the wrong direction or there was too much traffic to kill them "responsibly"... so I had to pass. Still looking for an STi for the same reason. I've killed a few WRX's but can't get lined up with an STi under the right conditions for a clean kill.

Anyway...the light was for a left hand turn through an intersection, so as we went through the intersection, he jumped a couple times to egg me on...he knew I couldn't hang in a turn with him in my Brick, and so did I, but I kept my pace with him as best I could and as we came out of the turn...he was inside, I was outside and about a length back when he jumped again as he exited the turn.

I went all in as I exited the turn and the back end kicked out for a little drifting action. Woooooohoooo! ....and it was ON.:D

Tranny slipped a bunch on the shifts as it has been doing, but once in gear, my Czarnota 6 pulled like a train. I realed him in pretty quick and just went on by waving the Hang Loose sign at him as I passed. :cool:

He was cool when the drubbing was all over. Gave me a thumbs up and a nod.

I'll have my GN back in a couple days with a new and built street-strip tranny, a 3200 billit lock-up converter, and the FMIC fully installed.:biggrin:

...Then I'm gonna go hunt me that M5 for my rematch....:cool:

I was on my way from work to Lou's shop for my new tranny and TQ converter today. As I rolled up to a light, I found myself lined up with my first EVO in my GN.

Oh Happy Day!!!:biggrin:

I've wanted to kill one of these lil' fart knockers since I bought my GN, but they were always going the wrong direction or there was too much traffic to kill them "responsibly"... so I had to pass. Still looking for an STi for the same reason. I've killed a few WRX's but can't get lined up with an STi under the right conditions for a clean kill.

Anyway...the light was for a left hand turn through an intersection, so as we went through the intersection, he jumped a couple times to egg me on...he knew I couldn't hang in a turn with him in my Brick, and so did I, but I kept my pace with him as best I could and as we came out of the turn...he was inside, I was outside and about a length back when he jumped again as he exited the turn.

I went all in as I exited the turn and the back end kicked out for a little drifting action. Woooooohoooo! ....and it was ON.:D

Tranny slipped a bunch on the shifts as it has been doing, but once in gear, my Czarnota 6 pulled like a train. I realed him in pretty quick and just went on by waving the Hang Loose sign at him as I passed. :cool:

He was cool when the drubbing was all over. Gave me a thumbs up and a nod.

I'll have my GN back in a couple days with a new and built street-strip tranny, a 3200 billit lock-up converter, and the FMIC fully installed.:biggrin:

Thats awesome! Good kill.

Dammit I wish I had my car back on the road!!!!!!! Well, with the gas prices coming down like they are, I might be able to save up the funds necessary.

II'll have my GN back in a couple days with a new and built street-strip tranny, a 3200 billit lock-up converter, and the FMIC fully installed.:biggrin:

Damn it never ends. Now you will need some very good tires ;) :biggrin:

Hey Tim, Ya ever go fishin?

You know? Like out on a boat, or on a pier. There is always that one @$$ hole that catches all the fish, and no mater what you do or try, you never seem to get a bite. Hey Tim, Does'nt that guy just pi$$ you off? Well, I'm not sure where I'm going with this. I guess I just like fishin, and hope that theres enough fish to go around for all of us to blow the doors off of, OOps... I ment catch. Ya, catch. Oh well, back to the thread at hand.

Nice kill. ;)

Mike B.

You know? Like out on a boat, or on a pier. There is always that one @$$ hole that catches all the fish, and no mater what you do or try, you never seem to get a bite. Hey Tim, Does'nt that guy just pi$$ you off? Well, I'm not sure where I'm going with this. I guess I just like fishin, and hope that theres enough fish to go around for all of us to blow the doors off of, OOps... I ment catch. Ya, catch. Oh well, back to the thread at hand.

Nice kill. ;)

Mike B.

Hey Mike.
Might have something to do with your license plate.
:biggrin:
Folks don't like being called lunch.;)

I'll be picking up my GN from Lou's tomorrow with the new transmission, billet stall converter and front mount IC all installed. I was talking to Lou and he says that FMIC flows a ton better than my old Duttweiler neck stocker. Without changing the actuator, the boost went from 17-18lbs before the FMIC, to nearly 25lbs after :eek: , so he dialed it back down to 15lbs. I'll leave it there until I have a couple hundred miles on the tranny, then I'll take it up to 18-20.

Then....Let's go to the track and see how these buggers run!!!

No....not challenging you...We both know how that will end. But it'll be fun to see these Czarnota GN's run!

man, you do seem to get all the races! oh well, stories like this are just more motivation for me to fix my broken regal faster. ;)

good kill. don't tell him you pulled him that bad with a messed up tranny though -- he'd probably go drive that evo off a cliff or something! lol.

man, you do seem to get all the races! oh well, stories like this are just more motivation for me to fix my broken regal faster. ;)

good kill. don't tell him you pulled him that bad with a messed up tranny though -- he'd probably go drive that evo off a cliff or something! lol.

It defintiley helps that I drive it at least 50 miles every week day and some more on the weekends.

Think of it as having more hooks in the water.
;-)

I did get to test drive my GN last night with the new tranny, converter and FMIC. Shifts real nice while cruising around. Didn't really nail it hard and go for a run, but I did give it a tap from a 30 mph roll and took it to 15 lbs. For a couple seconds.
What a difference!
The power comes in immediately without the tranny slipping, and the turbo spools faaaaast.

Then Lou called me and told me to get back to his shop so he can go home.
:)

Can't wait to get a couple hundred miles on it and then really try it out!

He's installing the Setrab trans cooler today and also doing my upper control arm bushings and ball joints.

I'll be picking it up tonight.

:)

meanchicken i think you a undercover hawk dressed like a chicken you always hunting!!!!!!!!goood job:biggrin:

Remember this guy.

"You're a chicken, and I'm a Chickenhawk!"

:biggrin:

Attachments

• chickenhawk1.jpg
    chickenhawk1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 391
Naaaaa.

That can't be you...

He's got too much stuff growing off the top of his head.:D

HaHa..... FogHorn Leghorn and the Bee Gees :biggrin: Remember those days ;)

Maybe I shouldn't admit this, but...I had me a blow dryer that could dim the lights in all the neighbors houses amd heat my own house on the high setting, and had quite the process for feathering my hair just right. Barry Gibb had nuttin on me!

I think all that time with that blow dryer howling away in the mornings back in the 70's is what makes me so attracted to turbo chargers today.

Unfortunately....not a hair left on my head...probably all died from that trauma I put it through in the 70's.

My hair won't even turn gray. It just sprouts and then jumps to its death. :-o

Ok Chicken what gives???

You and Lou get your car sorted out and we dont hear from you anymore. What the hell, did you scare off all the competition now???:biggrin: :tongue:

Ha!
Well....turns out I had me a bad walbro, but before I figured it out (with Lou's help) I was taking it easy since the O2's were low and I didn't want to break anything.

New Reds XP is in now and I also installed a Terry Houston last week, but since then it's been raining a lot so....no joy for me.

I still need to sort out the tune with the new combo, once that's done...it'll be fishing season again.;)