Snow's Performance

I know a lot of diesel folks are having good luck with em...

Other than that... :confused:

Phil

A diesel buddy of mine has one on his Cummins. He makes well over 800hp with it. Its good quality and from what I have seen they stand behind their product.

They make an application for the TR ... I can get a smoking deal on the kit.. So I'm thinking I may purchase it...

I would go with one of the members kits, Razors or the SMC. They might cost more but they attend alot of buick events and support the racers here. Plus they know our cars inside and out. :cool:

Does Snow offer tech support? I think most companies do, maybe not on here, but if you're not on here much anyways... :confused:

Snow does offer tech support through their website forum.

Depending on your goals, it may yield the results your looking for. Follow their advice of 50/50 mix or windshield washer solvent.. and work on tuning it.

Does 50/50 work on our cars.. may want to research that.

Straight methanol cannot be run through the pump Snow sells as its not compatible. And they advise against it. If i'm wrong, please correct me.

HTH

Technically, any Shurflo (less modifications - we cant leave Razor out :) ) is not supposed to be used with methanol or for that matter any flammable liquid... Actually, I think Razor, you were using these pumps with straight meth in the beginning and most ppl didn't report many problems, right?

I dont "condone" using it with meth or any flammable liquid - well on paper anyway, but then again we also get stellar results with eth and dillutions of meth / eth.

But folks... I got sumin brewing in the old cranial cavity that doesn't have a pump issue at all :) Sigh... So many electronix projects, so little time...

Phil

PhilM said:
Technically, any Shurflo (less modifications - we cant leave Razor out :) ) is not supposed to be used with methanol or for that matter any flammable liquid... Actually, I think Razor, you were using these pumps with straight meth in the beginning and most ppl didn't report many problems, right?

actually that was true until recently.

our soon to be released pump is designed to run a mix of methanol/water. Its manufactured by shurfo for coolingmist as a private label. The pump was re-engineered from the ground up. The label on this pump says "Manufactured for Coolingmist, LLC by Shurflo, LLC" This is the only pump shurflo makes where they will allow you to run a mix of Methanol/water. It says on the pump you can run a 50/50 mix. The pump is designed to be chemically compatable with any mixture, but Shurflo will only publicly recommend a 50/50 mix. We are the only company to carry these.

coolpump.jpg

I dont "condone" using it with meth or any flammable liquid - well on paper anyway, but then again we also get stellar results with eth and dillutions of meth / eth.

But folks... I got sumin brewing in the old cranial cavity that doesn't have a pump issue at all :) Sigh... So many electronix projects, so little time...

Phil

coolingmist said:
actually that was true until recently.

our soon to be released pump is designed to run a mix of methanol/water. Its manufactured by shurfo for coolingmist as a private label. The pump was re-engineered from the ground up. The label on this pump says "Manufactured for Coolingmist, LLC by Shurflo, LLC" This is the only pump shurflo makes where they will allow you to run a mix of Methanol/water. It says on the pump you can run a 50/50 mix. The pump is designed to be chemically compatable with any mixture, but Shurflo will only publicly recommend a 50/50 mix. We are the only company to carry these.

coolpump.jpg

What are the flow rates for this pump?