Snanmaster questions

GN Luver

I just purchased my 86 Gn from a member on here. One issue it has is that the scanmaster turns on on start up then turns off after about 20-40 seconds. If you know what would cause this and the fix any and all idea's are appreciated thanks in advance.

give us the order that things are happening, do you get live data showing or does it power up, show its version and then shut off?

What version?

Does it make a difference if the engine is cold or warm?

Bob

here is what I am getting thus far. start the car up it shows 2.0 on the left side of the scanmaster then it shows various numbers on the left side like 9879 or something to that effect. I will have to go run it and try to write it down. But the problem is then it turns off. As I am driving it will just keep doing the same thing as I previously stated intermitantly. but turns off. Sorry if I am not giving you the info you looked for but I am new to the buick scence and am trying to learn it. I had a 85 GN back in HS 20 years ago but I see a lot has changed lol. hope you can help and thanks for your time.

Sounds like a loose wire, check pos/neg connetions and the the one that goes to the aldl

JD