Smoking Issue

How long? A few seconds? Not enough time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I probably went a good 2-3 minutes with oil line unhooked. I warmed car up and then capped the line, and sure enough, smoking stopped and the next day I was on a road trip to precision turbo. They fixed me up while I waited..

I probably went a good 2-3 minutes with oil line unhooked. I warmed car up and then capped the line, and sure enough, smoking stopped and the next day I was on a road trip to precision turbo. They fixed me up while I waited..

I can see this working. The only factor that changes is the oil pressure and oil feed to the turbo long enough to determine if this is the source of the oil burning. It's not like the turbo is "dry".

I can see this working. The only factor that changes is the oil pressure and oil feed to the turbo long enough to determine if this is the source of the oil burning. It's not like the turbo is "dry".
2-3 minutes of running without pressurized oil. "Not dry". Sure not lubricated. I don't rec anyone doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pulled the turbo off the other day. The exhaust side had oil standing in the down pile elbow.

I think the oil return line was not kinked or plugged and oil backed up into the turbo.

No drain, easiest place to go, through the turbo seal.

Guess I'll box it up and sent it out to Precision.

Looked like this. even the bolts that hold the turbo to the exhaust cam out with oil on them.

Attachments

• 20150915_180742.jpg
    20150915_180742.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 103
  • 20150915_180033.jpg
    20150915_180033.jpg
    757.9 KB · Views: 96

Not going to work. The oil acts as a fluid bearing, if you will, that keeps metal to metal contact from taking place. Best way to check is to remove hose to intercooler and check for oil or remove turbo and check hot side for build up.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks running a turbo with no oil feed line is a bad idea.

Checked my pvc today. It was ok.

I don't think it's a coincidence. Everything was fine until I switched to Royal Poopoo. This set up has only 700 miles on it and the turbo was brand new from Presicion.

Guess I'll take it off and have the seal replaced.

Never had a problem with RP here.