Smokey & The Bandit

NJTurbo

Simply The Best
I just watched this movie again. Sometimes I watch crap like this when I am in the mood to just relax, two lane blacktop is another favorite not to mention mad-max, well enough of that:D Anyway the car used in Smokey and the Bandit was this the 301 Turbo Pig used:confused:

In the first one the T/A had a big block either a 400ci Pontiac or a 403ci Olds. Both = 6.6 liter.

Originally posted by plowboy72
In the first one the T/A had a big block either a 400ci Pontiac or a 403ci Olds. Both = 6.6 liter.

Were they worth anything, I mean did they move. I know it is just a movie but they really make it look like they hauled ass:rolleyes:

Nope! That car had a BUILT 455! I had a book on it but can't find it. That car was nothin nice...............

Originally posted by Russ Merritt
Nope! That car had a BUILT 455! I had a book on it but can't find it. That car was nothin nice...............

Russ the one in the movie was worked:confused:

Yea, big time. I can't remember but I think it was 11+/1 compression, big everything motor. Def not stock! Wish I had that book!

Yea, big time. I can't remember but I think it was 11+/1 compression, big everything motor. Def not stock! Wish I had that book!

I was saying to my friend who owned a 301 Turbo and a 455 your car never laid rubber like that:D He was trying to tell me it was just a movie and there is no way a TA can burn them like that.

Yea, when he picks up the chick and takes off, lays down a nice 10' slab hittin 2nd. The burn out when He asks her if she wants to do a little pond hoppin is a good one too! That car was nice!

I owned a car that was driven in the movie and it had a big block 400ci Pontiac in it. I bought it from "Sugar Bear" the black guy thats sitting at the bar just before "Snowman" gets his but kicked. And it would hardly turn the tires over out of the hole but I out ran 2 911turbos on the interstate. High geared. 2:73 ratio

Yea, when he picks up the chick and takes off, lays down a nice 10' slab hittin 2nd. The burn out when He asks her if she wants to do a little pond hoppin is a good one too! That car was nice!

Wasn't there more than 1 car in the movie:confused:

What was Burt's womens name, it slipped my mind.

Absolutely more than one.............They set a record on the jump over the bridge, that car was destroyed. I forget her real name, her nick name was Frog............. "Cause your always hoppin around, and your kinda cute like a frog and........I'd like to jump ya" :D

Originally posted by plowboy72
I owned a car that was driven in the movie and it had a big block 400ci Pontiac in it. I bought it from "Sugar Bear" the black guy thats sitting at the bar just before "Snowman" gets his but kicked. And it would hardly turn the tires over out of the hole but I out ran 2 911turbos on the interstate. High geared. 2:73 ratio

I get so sick of this, there is no such thing as a "big block" Pontiac. All the engines from the 326 to the 455 have the same external dimensions etc.. and parts exchangability.

No, they ar quite a bit lighter, a 455 Pontiac only weighs like 70 lbs more than a SBC. There is no "small block" Pontiac so there really can't be a "big block" And don't give me any "a 301 is a small block Pontiac either" those were throwaway motors thatI don't even consider a Pontiac. :D

Doug knows! And correct on all counts. I watched that movie the other day. One of the cars had 6.6 litre on the hood which meant it was the Olds 403. Pontiac engine cars had T/A 6.6 .

I had heard that the engine they actually used in the first movie was a highly modded 350, and I'll tell you where I saw it, on AMC they show the movie and have the little box at the bottom of the screen that displays facts about the movie, and that was one of them. But, who knows for sure, they probably had more than one size engine in the 11 or 12 cars they used in the movie.