smoke

klcsmooth

what could this be I have smoke comming from the valve cover breather on passenger side it gets bad as i press th gas. the smoke isn't white. oil looks good on dipstick

Check the PCV valve to see if it clogged/working. How many miles on the motor? It could be bad/old piston rings. My old blazer had 286K miles on it and smoked like a freight train from the dipstick tube and every vent due to wasted rings. You can try a compression test to check the rings.

Eric

i did compression test 100 all three passenger side driver side 100, 120,85. does this mean head gasket or rings?when i got yhe moter it only had 300miles on rebiuld. I think i may have blown my moter using mobil 1 senthetic. Any advise would be helpful.

Mobil 1 should not ruin the motor, I use it exclusively. The lubrication properties are excellent over the life of the oil when compared to conventional. Many of the board members use synthetic oil of one brand or another. Did you perform the compression test on a warm motor? The motor should be warm when testing, less inconsistency in readings. Your readings sound low, but make sure the motor is warm. Good readings don't always mean the head gasket is OK either. My motor checked between 150# and 160# on all cylinders with both head gaskets blown. A leakdown test is the best way to diagnose a headgasket. Lets hope the motor was cold and your readings are OK on a retest. Good luck.

Eric