SMC's Variable Speed

turbo

Controller's: Boost Variable Speed Controller...varies the pump speed as boost increases

OR the MAF Variable Speed Controller...varies pump speed as the airflow changes.

Anyone using either one?

I already have a SMC Controller and was wondering if either upgrade made a noticeable difference (bog, etc.) over the standard "non-variable" older setup?

I've been running an external pump from a homemade alchy kit; made up years ago. I hooked up the SMC Controller to my setup so I could have in-car tuning. Works great!

Thought one of the "Variables" might be a nice upgrade for $100.00

Which one works best? Any difference?

Thanks! :)

My understanding its for imports, has a very narrow window of operation, and at 20 PSI it stops adjusting.

There is a company called snow performance that sells one as well for 99.00. Same features..

Probably the same piece???

Dunno.. I took a different road. good luck..let us know how it works at the track. thats the only place to test gizmo's for proper function as it relates to performance.

Snow Performance

Is there a web address that I can go to and look up their products?

Thank you!:)

www.snowperformance.net

So the mod to increase the pump for 40.00 entails getting an allen wrench and turning the pressure adjustment screw on the top...

Jazzy websites dont make cars faster. Research into what your doing always does. ;)

Stevemon...well put :)

Hey,

I can sell you a very scientifically engineered jumper cable that shorts out the whole pressure switch! No allen wrench needed! Buy my piece and get 160+ psi out of your Shurflo! $39.95! :p