SMC Question

hot6-231

American and Proud!!!
I've got a strange problem with my SMC Alky kit that i'm hopeing someone might know whats going on. When I press the test switch on my SMC control box, I don't get an engine stutter like I should get with the alky flowing at idle. I pulled the up pipe to the TB to see if i'm getting any spray, and I am. Haven't made a full throttle pass to check for knock yet, as the car just came out, and i'm useing up the sh** gas first. Any ideas before I start pulling everything apart??? Ken B.

Better make sure the intercooler isnt full of alky from all the testing;)

I wouldnt pull everything apart since its spraying like it is supposed too. Unless your nozzle is pointed right at the TB, there isnt enough vacuum at idle to pull it all in and some of it is probably going back into the IC.

Mine would never stumble at idle either, but its not SMC. I dont think that should matter though

The test button should absolutely stumble the car at idle. If I pressed the button for more than a couple seconds the motor would die. I use the test button to make sure the line is loaded and no problems before a run by the 'stumble'.

Hank (waiting to see a decent ET from a propane system)

Up until this year, car always stumbled when depressing the red 'test' button. I'm thinking maybe the pump is getting weak as it does spray alky, but maybe not so much as to make it stumble. Thanks for the ideas. Hmmm........looks like old gas is just about gone, so i'm gonna fill her up with 94 Sunoco(only $2.09 a gallon)and make a few "carefull" banzia runs and watch kr like a hawk. If I do need a new pump, whats a good "alky compatable" pump that will deliver the needed flow??? Thanks............KB

Steve at SMC sells replacement pumps I believe. I would only worry about it if you are getting knock now, whereas last year at the same settings you had none.

Mine died yesterday too Ken. :(

Coupling between the motor and the pump I think.

No pressure very little flow out the hose.

I'd pull the hose off the tank assy. and see how well it squirts out.

Should be about a 5 foot stream. :D

Mines a dribbler. :rolleyes:

Gonna toss in my spare tank and pump and send the bad one back to Steve. :(

I knew that one wouldn't be left alone!!;) Salvage.........i'm gonna yank it today, and check for dribble.:eek: ;)