smc alchohol kit ????

mysem9

I have smc alchohol injection kit on my gn, and for some strange reason it is not activating under throttle at any rpm i set it on, but it works when i hit the test button, does anyone know what the problem may be????

Where did you tee in the boost reference line? It could have blown off, i've had it happen to me before.

Mine does the same thing, boost line is sameas my gauge, so I know it's not that. I don't know what to do either....I was told it may be a problem with the controller or a leak inside the pump, but SMC won't do much with it because it's 3 years old.

does it have a hobbs(pressure) switch? If so can you apply pressure to it to see if it is working properly

...SMC won't do much with it because it's 3 years old.

They are out of business so it'll be hard to get support for that reason too. Get a Razor kit and be done. I used my old alky tank, just sent it to Julio for his upfit, and he hooked me up with a great kit and I saved a few cents too using what I could of the old kit, which isn't much btw, but well worth the swap. My car has never run better and I just ran it a dozen times last Sunday down the 1/4 with no race gas. I never felt safe with my smc kit and no race gas at the track. The kit was 4 years old though and tired.

same prob

I used to have that prob with smc, What my prob was ended up being the pump inside the bottle. It wasn't working. I bought a seperate pump and hooked it up and it works fine

All above is great advice ^
Why risk your motor over an old kit and pump that is old and tired? I've had both and the Razor kit is a great piece bar none! My car has never run better since the PAC Razor kit installation! You also get great TA from Julio who will help you get it correctly installed and sorted. :cool:

Check the line running to it, T in a line and use a compressor to put air in under low pressure, 15lbs. and see if it triggers. It could be spraying and you wouldn't know it if the Hobbs switch gave out on under the hood - replacements at Napa $30.. does the spray light turn on when you hit the test ?

The switch inside the unit can give out also
http://www.aquastealth.com/pressureswitch.aspx

Mine is the square bottle non progressive.

I rebuild the whole thing with a new pump (one year warranty), new hobbs and new pressure switch for $150.. works great and a lot cheaper than $600

HAve someone hit the button while you stand at the pump. It will leak all around it if its leaking Julio at alky control has the replacement pumps around 80-90 dollars. I replaced mine and no more leak and it works fine. IF you hit the test button it should cause the idle to drop if its spraying regardless of the leak.