will be controlled with fast xfi in seqential mode

can any of you math smart guys help me out :confused:

REDS HOT AIR said:
Im trying to figure out how much hp a set of 8 50# injectors can handle
this would be for my turbo sbc project
I could go to something different but I have a set of 8 50#'s here already
was figuring on static pressure in the low 40's like a buick
top rpm should be around 6500

8x50=400 meaning 400 #s of fuel per hour.
If you get .5 HP/LB of fuel, that would be 800 with the injectors running static.

At a 90% DC you could get about 720 HP.

Assuming you are going to be running over 10 psi boost, I'd go get something bigger.

Rather than trying to guess an injector size based on hp, I think it's a lot better to look at airflow instead. You move a certain amount of air, you've got to match it a certain amount of fuel to get your desired a/f ratio, no matter how much power you get out it.

How big a SBC are you going to have? I think a 350 at 20 psi (intercooled) and 6500 rpm is going to want 72's at least. That could end up anywhere from 650 to 925 hp, depending on just how efficient the engine is at converting air and fuel into hp.

John

355 sb

it is powerstroke intercooled :D

I'll be running my 72 qtrim turbo on it and plans are to run it strictly on 93 octane .. It is hydro rollered, dart pro 1 215 heads along with converted 4brl intake/pte elbow/accufab 70mm t/b so it might make a few hp's :cool:

it'll be my daily driver :cool: should make trips to the parts stores and machine shop alot more interesting
being an elcamino I can still haul stuff around with it and not have to drive my fullsize truck all the time

looking at this here : At a 90% DC you could get about 720 HP

Im thinking once its tuned well it will be in that range so looks like I'll get some bigger ones

just figured Id find out about the 50's since I already have them here from another application

anyone need some 50's :smile:

thanks for the help guys

I've got a daily driver turbo'd 350 elcamino thread going on over at turbomustangs.com but I havent gotten too far yet :( projected outlook is to be done around march but we all know how time flys

REDS HOT AIR said:
looking at this here : At a 90% DC you could get about 720 HP

Not at 11:1 A/F ratio!!!!! I would use the Mototron 65's , idle quality is great and they are inexpensive.