Slow down/stop car stalls?

Itzav6

Have an 84 t-type that I bought two months ago. Previous owner didn't take care of it so trying to get it right. Car idles fine when i shift into gear it feels like it's going to stall but doesn't. I can take off and drive it but when I slow down/stop the car stalls out. I can turn it right back on and drive it again with no problem until I have to slow down or stop. What is causing it to stall? (Newbie btw)

Need to check your TPS and IAC settings. Make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks in any of the undet hood hoses. You can now get a scan tool for 84-85 cars to help you with all this. Contact John Wales at:
1320electronics@gmail.com

Need to check your TPS and IAC settings. Make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks in any of the undet hood hoses. You can now get a scan tool for 84-85 cars to help you with all this. Contact John Wales at:
1320electronics@gmail.com
Yeah I was just doing some reading on both TPS and IAC if I don't have the specific tools to adjust them the right way what's the best way to adjust them to the correct positions.

You can set your tps with a voltmeter. It should be 0.40 to 0.44 volts, key on engine off. You need a scantool to see what the iac is doing. If you are going to owe one or these cars you need scantool for troubleshooting and tuning. Check out www.1320electronics.com The OBD1 adapter is only $80 shiped then you buy an app for an android based phone or tablet for $19 and you have a great scan tool!

You can set your tps with a voltmeter. It should be 0.40 to 0.44 volts, key on engine off. You need a scantool to see what the iac is doing. If you are going to owe one or these cars you need scantool for troubleshooting and tuning. Check out www.1320electronics.com The OBD1 adapter is only $80 shiped then you buy an app for an android based phone or tablet for $19 and you have a great scan tool!
I will look into that adapter thank you for the information

So I fixed the stalling issue today and took it out for a drive. When I gave it some gas at like 75mph it feels like the the rpms was too high. Kind of like a high idle but when doing 75.

Are you running one of these on a hot air right now? I'm curious what parameters you're able to read. Could you talk some more about it? Any pics of the computer display would be useful (already saw the website image).

Itzav6, What was the fix?

What did you do to fix the stalling issue?
Honestly the issue I had before was my converter bolts had fell out. I put them back in but they wasn't tight enough. Now that they are completely tight it didn't stall yesterday when I took it for a drive. But I'm going to drive it some where just to make sure it doesn't stall out anymore.

Honestly the issue I had before was my converter bolts had fell out. I put them back in but they wasn't tight enough. Now that they are completely tight it didn't stall yesterday when I took it for a drive. But I'm going to drive it some where just to make sure it doesn't stall out anymore.

Loose converter bolts won't make it stall... [Unless they get caught in the starter and flexplate.]

Not com
Loose converter bolts won't make it stall... [Unless they get caught in the starter and flexplate.]
plet sure then. When I started it up yesterday and drove it. It was perfectly fine didn't stall once but the day before it did once. Not sure if it was bcuz yesterday I let it idle for like 15 mins before driving. The day before I just put it in gear and drove it. Might be the IAC or tps sensor