Slight flare at shift points

Flyin Brian

I have a slight 200-300 RPM flare at both 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. See Powerlogger screenshot below.
Current motor is a BONE stock longblock with a 6265 turbo, headers, and 3.5" DP. Transmission is fully built with billet everything and a 9.5" PTC non-lock. I would not think a stock motor would hit 5200 RPM and the graph just does not look right. I tried adjusting the tv cable and it really does not change anything. Tighter tv just makes the 1-2 light throttle shift bang harshly. Transmission was freshened up less than 2000 miles ago.
What do you guys think?
shift flare.jpg

Are you sure it isn't from wheel spin? In the chart replace the knock retard graph with the vehicle speed. Then look to see if the MPH spikes at the same time the RPM spikes.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I don't think it is from wheel spin. It spins a little after the 1-2 shift and that shows on the mph graph but that's it. See below.
shift flare mph.jpg

The 1-2 to me looks like a normal rpm rise and shift. 2-3 that little bump at the end could be a flare. Do you FEEL a flare or are you just analyzing data?

Just looking at the data. Don't really feel it but older data logs with my other motor do not have the flare. I just don't want to keep beating it if there is something starting to go wrong. I looked at a log at 18 psi boost and it did not have the shift flare.

Overfill the Trans by about a quart and see if that makes a difference.

Reactions: BMR