slight bind on 2-3 shift

77 cruiser

This trans has a TransGo kit in it which I know a lot of you don`t like very much, but I think all is well other than the slight bind on the 2-3 shift. It has the no. 2 chk. ball removed and the alum. slug in place & the 3rd acumm. hole enlarged to .110 as per intructions. BTW the bind appeared after I instaled a GN servo it had what I think was the next siize smaller. OK what should I do?

A---drill a hole in the alum. if so what size to start with

B---enlarge the hole that is now .110 or

C--none of the above & I`m open for suggestions

I hope I described the parts right if I didn`t someone will correct me.

thanks
Jim

Originally posted by 77 cruiser
This trans has a TransGo kit in it which I know a lot of you don`t like very much, but I think all is well other than the slight bind on the 2-3 shift. It has the no. 2 chk. ball removed and the alum. slug in place & the 3rd acumm. hole enlarged to .110 as per intructions. BTW the bind appeared after I instaled a GN servo it had what I think was the next siize smaller. OK what should I do?

A---drill a hole in the alum. if so what size to start with

B---enlarge the hole that is now .110 or

I hope I described the parts right if I didn`t someone will correct me.

thanks
Jim

"2 chk. ball removed and the alum. slug in place & the 3rd acumm. hole enlarged to .110 as per intructions."

This has nothing to do with upshift. It is 3-2 downshift control

Is the bind on upshift or downshift?

"BTW the bind appeared after I instaled a GN servo it had"

Did you change servo return spring as it is different too?If you need one let me know I'll give you one as I got 1000's.

This is my vote, call me as to why.

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

Bind is on upshift I got the servo pin and spring from you about 6 months ago don`t you remember. :D:D:D:D

If I remember right it was longer & a little stiffer than anything else I had . Maybe I should just find a little stronger one yet and try????

Jim

If the bind is that noticable ...yes but watch out for 2-3 flair under wot

Bruce
WE4

The spring that you sent was plain, had another that was just a little longer it helped a bit. Oh ya shifting again to 4th at WOT.must have a gremlin in there. Thanks for the help Bruce.

Jim