Slicks rubbing on frame

Onalky87

my wheels are pro stars. 8.5 with 4in backspace iirc with 29x9 slicks

I'm currently using 2 spacers totaling maybe 9/16 and my tires are still rubbing on frame during launch. I can see run marks on tires and the frame is all shiney

My question is is it ok to add even more spacer? My studs r aftermarket and 3in long I think.

Also my 60' was horrible (1.64). Could this be pArt of the reason?

I'd try switching to aluminum drums before adding more spacers. You are still running stock rear and bar right?

I run 29-9 slicks on 8 inch pro stars with 3.5 back space, aluminum drums, with no scraping.

I'd try switching to aluminum drums before adding more spacers. You are still running stock rear and bar right?
Do aluminum drums stick out more resulting in less need for spacers or sonething?

Stock rear and sway bar with moser axles

Haven't been to the track with the new converter. Hoping to be in the 1.30-1.50 range. Phil.

Camaros are your best bet. The 2.29 gbody rear was the only one to get aluminum drums.
I've seen some pretty original turbo regals that didn't have a g80 but did have aluminum drums.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yeah I heard that was common also. Open diff camaros sometimes had them also. Seemed to have no rhyme or reason. I think it may have had something to do with saving weight if the car had a certain number of extra options. Idk

My low option originally open diff has aluminum drums.