GTA Wheel Help

LomoMike

GN Rookie
Hey guys, need some GTA wheel information. Was wondering if you can help me. Let me tell you what i have. I have silver GTA wheels, 2 fronts (ones with thicker lip?) and 2 rears (ones with thinner lip?). Currently if i am correct i believe i have the GTA rears in front with a 1/4" spacer, this rubs at full turn against the front sway bar i believe. And i think i have the GTA fronts (the ones with thicker lip?) in the rear, which are currently rubbing the inner fender/frame. I ordered some 1.25" adapters from EZ Accessory and also some 3/8" spacers off ebay with 2" dorman wheel studs. How should i put all this together/combine what with what. I was thinking from what ive read on the front of my car: put the 1.25" adapters on the front with the rear GTA wheels (thinner lip). On the rear of my car: put the 3/8" spacers on the front GTA wheels (thicker lip) to prevent current rub. Let me know if this sounds right. Thanks.

Last edited:
4 front GTA rims here. No rubbing (except a slight amount on the fronts at full steering lock)...no spacers required.

4 front GTA rims here. No rubbing (except a slight amount on the fronts at full steering lock)...no spacers required.
I know, i was wondering about the front/rear combo. Want to use what i have and make it work. I know i can make the things i have work just wondering whats the best way to put it together.

I don't have GTA wheels, however, aesthetically, it seems to me that putting the thinner lip on the front and the thicker lip on the rear would look the best. To me it would give the illusion that the rear wheels are wider, but that may be just me.
It one time I had '86 Vette wheels on my GN, 16x8.5 with 1.5in. adapters.

Have you read thru the sticky entitled Info on GTA rims under Brakes, Tires section??

The two wheels with the wider lip might be wheels from the front wheel drive Grand Prix

I know it’s not what you want to hear but I would not use the wheels with spacers.

Bad things can happen with spacers.

Tolerance levels come down.

You can always post those for sale on ebay. People are always buying them.

Then buy the correct GNX spec wheels. There is a person on ebay and here I thing that converts the non dimpled GTA wheels to GNX specs.

Good luck.

D

image_053.jpg
I run 4 fronts on my GN with out any issues. Without spacers.
KID

I'm not really a fan of black wheels on cars but on these Buick's they look great.

It never occurred to me that the later Pontiac wheels might be 16's, but come to think of it, those years were the time that 16's were on everything.

I'm still up in the air on what wheels to put on my 84, I know they won't be anything original due to the cost.

I'm not really a fan of black wheels on cars but on these Buick's they look great.

It never occurred to me that the later Pontiac wheels might be 16's, but come to think of it, those years were the time that 16's were on everything.

I'm still up in the air on what wheels to put on my 84, I know they won't be anything original due to the cost.

I'm actually quite tired of the black wheels on everyones car today too! But the mesh wheels on the eighties cars just look perfect!
KID

When I was ordering this 2015 corvette they wanted to charge me 600 dollars to have black wheels over the silver painted standard wheel.

500 went to stuff I wanted, if I wanted black wheels I could have shot them myself for 10 bucks.

A FWD grand prix had 16x8 wheels?

yeah, the 90's GTP got the 16X8 mesh wheels that look a lot like GTA wheels.. but they are a different bolt pattern that is slightly smaller than the rwd cars, and they have a ton of backspacing so they wouldn't go on a G body at all without really thick spacers..

right now, i have 4 "front" GTAs on my T Type, but for a short while i had fronts on the rear and rears on the front... i used some 5/16" spacers on the front to clear the tie rods and everything cleared pretty well except for a little rubbing on the frame at full lock... but the wheels looked goofy all sucked in, so i mixed up my 2 sets of GTAs and put all 4 "front" wheels on my car... that was 11 years ago...

yeah, the 90's GTP got the 16X8 mesh wheels that look a lot like GTA wheels.. but they are a different bolt pattern that is slightly smaller than the rwd cars, and they have a ton of backspacing so they wouldn't go on a G body at all without really thick spacers..

right now, i have 4 "front" GTAs on my T Type, but for a short while i had fronts on the rear and rears on the front... i used some 5/16" spacers on the front to clear the tie rods and everything cleared pretty well except for a little rubbing on the frame at full lock... but the wheels looked goofy all sucked in, so i mixed up my 2 sets of GTAs and put all 4 "front" wheels on my car... that was 11 years ago...
Took a look, def not GTP wheels. Took a look at gtp wheels. The lip is larger on mine. The mesh is cut out in between the lugs and there is a bigger hole in the center for the turbo 6 center caps i am running. The gtp wheels have more material in between (solid) the lug nuts than mine do. They are GTA wheels. Just dont know why the tires on my "fronts" rub the frame when put on the rear of my car. The body may not be perfectly centered from the factory on the rear of the frame. But im not about to rip the body off and try to re center it. Rather put some high quality spacers on. Its not a track car.

They look goofy when they are in I just sold my old zo6 that had c6 wheels on it the fronts looked OK but the rears were in almost 2 inches.
On that I had to take off the brake cooler ducts and shim the wheel out 1/2" to clear the body.
When you looked at the rear wheels they were sucked in not a good look.

I'm thinking I might go with chevy rally wheels from the 70's corvette they are 8" wide and look good if you can get the stainless rings.
The Regal has nice big wheel openings I think they will work if they don't I think I might try some 5 spoke gray wheels with the polished rim.