Site posting memory

cchilly

I'm not sure what this is called, but another forum I belong to has this cool feature.

If there is a post you have been following, when you click to return to that post, the site actually puts on to the spot were you were last at. So any new postings are right in front of you. This helps you from scrolling down the page trying to remember what post you stopped reading at.
If it is a multiple page post when you click the link it will still put you at the last post you previously read. Saves lots of time trying to find where you left off.

I'm not sure if it is in our User CP or it is a software thing. Pretty cool feature though.

Has anyone heard of this and any way I can get this option here.

Thanks for the great site
Chris

Once you look at a post and don't clean your cookies all you have to do is look above your user name and click "View First Unread"

Once you look at a post and don't clean your cookies all you have to do is look above your user name and click "View First Unread"

when I do that it just takes me to the last post in the thread??...is it me or everybody else doing the same?

Works great for me in firefox on both windows and linux... Same with the little down arrow next to the post titles.

maybe its me.....sometime when I open a thread it goes to the top even if i've read it and vica versa.....who knows....I'm over due for a new laptop....no more pc's going mac next time!

Oh thats not the answer... If you really have cash to burn why not hand it over to me? :) Just my opinion...

Thank you very much. That is exactly what I was talking about. Any way to get that done automatically.

Thank you very much. That is exactly what I was talking about. Any way to get that done automatically.

No, we can only control the limit of PM's....

When you go to that screen you can click the first box on the right and delete them all at once....