simple cam sensor question...

GN18944

What holds the cam sensor in place? When I see the pictures of them out of the car I don't see any bolts. I need to remove mine and I can't find a thread on what actually holds it in place? Do you have to remove the metal ring or not for it to come out?

It is a bolt with a large washer, it is toward the intake manifold side of the cam sensor.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Thanks for all the help guys. The new one is in and it's running better than it ever has in my ownership!

Aggravation reducer: When I went thru the no start fiasco, I had the sensor out several times. after a couple, I took the ziz wheel, and cut a slot in the head of the bolt. Once it's loose, I use a long screw driver to run it out, and back down....lots faster!:smuggrin:

Grind a flat spot in the washer, spin the washer to the flat spot, no need to remove the bolt to pull the sensor once it's loose

Bryan

When I first got my car I didn't realize that the bolt & large washer was stock. So replaced it with a stud, nut, and a distributor hold down clamp.

Just need to loosen the nut and slide the hold down clamp off the cam sensor flange. The hold down clamp has an elongated hole for the stud.

RemoveBeforeFlight

camsensorbolt.jpg

Aggravation reducer: When I went thru the no start fiasco, I had the sensor out several times. after a couple, I took the ziz wheel, and cut a slot in the head of the bolt. Once it's loose, I use a long screw driver to run it out, and back down....lots faster!:smuggrin:

Good idea!