Shurflo?

SFITurbo

Thanks to the guy that painted my car (long story) I now have a fried pump on the first generation SMC system. I didn't even get 12 oz of use from it! While troubleshooting , I smoked the controller also.(that waffle looking thing in the bottom :confused: )I was thinking about just wiring in a shurflo with a full 12vdc to work with the pressure switch. Basically a basic system. Will it work? I'd buy a new system, but black Buicks are a very touchy subject around here (at least until the court date is over) Nothing bad to say about the system, worked great for ME, but when some dumbass messed with it I'm down to LOW boost again. The car is definatley an alky-holic.

Just follow the DIY information page.

It's been working for folks many many years.

Pressure switch with a solenoid can be used for a second stage with a second line and nozzle.

Power resistor between .5 and 1 ohm can cut down on the pump voltage 75-100 watt rating adjustable resistance type, slider tap, available at surplus parts outlets cheap enough. That would cut down on nozzle pressure for you.

However, after reading about your painter luck and skills with the SMC controller, I am not so sure the project is right for you, you must make that call however. Good luck.

I'll give it a shot, I have nothing to loose at this point. Seems like a simple setup and I already have everything but the pump. Thanks for the input :cool: