Show Quality 87 GN Hard top 45k original miles

Another board member was kind enough to hook me up with his Carfax account and provide a link to this car's clean and clear Carfax. Email or PM me if you want it. The link is set to expire today, so if you're serious about the car, get to me asap. I'll check my email several times throughout the day.

Worst case scenario, I can mail you a copy of it. Just will take a couple days, but heck, if it saves you $30 bux, all the better.:)

Pics of engine bay will be posted later today.

Im still kicking my self in the *** for not buying the moonroof car you just sold! Nice car. should sell fast!

Im still kicking my self in the *** for not buying the moonroof car you just sold! Nice car. should sell fast!

You are in luck. The person that purchased the moonroof car just posted a thread to sell it on this forum.

Here are some engine pics. The pics don't do justice to how clean and well maintained the engine bay is. It appears completely stock except for a billet turbo inlet bell. It has an AC Delco battery, AC Delco plug wires, Mobil 1 oil filter, and lots of original markings and stickers. Also, I noted no major leaks of any kind anywhere. No rear main leak, no tranny pan leak, etc. I did not clean off anything under the car. What you see is what it is.

Note the paint is not worn off the AC drier and neither is the fragile paint on the washer and overflow bottle caps. The only thing I found missing was ONE hood insulation button. It appears the engine bay has always been cleaned and maintained. No grimy build up anywhere inside this engine compartment.

Fence sitters are gonna kick themselves if they miss this car....:tongue:

Attachments

• TB16.jpg
    TB16.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 933
  • TB17.jpg
    TB17.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 935
  • TB18.jpg
    TB18.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 929
  • eng8.jpg
    eng8.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 938
  • eng12.jpg
    eng12.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 922
Can you be more specific about the blemishes in the paint/body...the dents/dings/scratches, and/or chips. Maybe take pics of them...

Thanks

Can you be more specific about the blemishes in the paint/body...the dents/dings/scratches, and/or chips. Maybe take pics of them...

Thanks

Tiny door ding on driver door near edge size on pencil head eraser or smaller, would be covered up if car had door edge guards; small ding on driver rear quarter, bottom half, smaller than size of dime; a few of the typical tiny stone chips on rear wheel well trim and below doors in rocker area; some touched up stone chips on front bumper. Sorry, no pics as they were just really minor normal type stuff. If you're a serious buyer for the car and are concerned about those areas, then I recommend you come see the car in person, or have someone local look at it for you.

Here are additional pics of undercarriage. I did not clean it in any way. This is how it came off the truck after being transported through a snow storm.

Ebay ad is progressing. I need some sun and shade and a few more driver side shots and then put it all together. Still shooting for a Sunday launch.

Attachments

• chassis2.jpg
    chassis2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 818
  • chassis5.jpg
    chassis5.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 830
  • chassis7.jpg
    chassis7.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 828
  • chassis12.jpg
    chassis12.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 820
  • chassis9.jpg
    chassis9.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 819
Would you consider one of the folowing in trade?

2006 BMW M3 vert black/cinnamon SMG
2000 Corvette coupe Dark blue/tan auto
1998 SALEEN supercharged vert black/black auto
Let me know what you think.

Those are all cool cars, but are not really what I'm looking for right now. I appreciate the interest.

Lots of calls.....lots of interest......but ebay ad coming soon...

Sale is pending....

Congrats! I didnt think that one would last long. Nice clean car.. and yes, you do know how to take very very good pictures, Doug :) What kind of camera do you use? I need ot buy a new one, but I'm a point and click kind of guy.

Congrats! I didnt think that one would last long. Nice clean car.. and yes, you do know how to take very very good pictures, Doug :) What kind of camera do you use? I need ot buy a new one, but I'm a point and click kind of guy.

Thanks, Gino.

I use a Canon Powershot A720 IS camera. It's pretty much point and shoot, but it's what you do with the photos when you download them into your editing software that makes the difference....

So often the color in the pics is more dull than it is live, so I try to capture the color better to reflect more of what I'm actually looking at. This is especially true in winter when the angle of the sun isn't the best for picture taking.

Zaino Polish

Congrats on the pending sale. I'm very impressed with the photos and the polishing of the car. I was just checking out the Zaino website and I was wondering if you would be willing to share which of their products that you use and the steps you took to get that deep polish?

Thanks in advance.

I think if you dig around in the forums using the search function you'll find some good discussions about Zaino and its use patterns. I essentially just go with their recommendations for dark color paints and then do it a number of times when I'm wanting that super deep wet look. I do it by hand when I do it, and I'm gentle and don't rub too hard on the paint. A key is to make sure you wash the car with dish soap first to strip off all the old wax. I like using a lamb's wool mitt or similar. Then you MUST clay bar the car thoroughly before using any polish products to get best results. The whole process is a PITA, but the results are worth it in the end.