Show Quality 87 GN Hard top 45k original miles

dhauser

The end is fear
***Added a few more pics below.***

Guys, this is one of the nicest GNs I have ever had, and you know I've had a bunch of them. This car is all stock mechanically except for a stainless exhaust and chip, and it runs INCREDIBLY well. It is easily the strongest unmodified GN I've ever driven. I WISH my low-mile GN ran this good. Eyes will pop anytime you take a friend for a ride in this car and tell them it is essentially stock. Exhaust sounds awesome--just slightly more aggressive than stock, and no droning. The ride is incredibly tight and quiet. Zero squeaks, zero rattles, and it handles really tight over bumps and rough pavement. Shifter moves very tightly and crisply, just like we all love to feel them when they are low mileage. Tranny itself shifts crisp and easily chirps the tires and will blow them away at the drop of the hammer.

Cosmetically, it is nothing short of a stunner. Glass-like paint that is a mile deep, straight panels, excellent gaps, and no rust anywhere. Lower corners of doors are super super nice, as are the door jambs. Car has professionally installed 20% tint, and looks exceptional next to the incredible paint. All emblems and blackout trim is excellent. The wheels are the absolute nicest I have ever seen. The chrome is so nice, in fact, that I think they've been rechromed. They are smooth, showing none of the grinding marks that original single-plated wheels show. Center caps are perfect and are likely new. No curb rash at all on any wheel. Wears new Goodyear Eagle GT II tires in the factory correct size.

The interior looks like the car could have 4,500 miles, not 45k. It is just as nice, if not nicer than the car's exterior. Dash, door panels, carpet, headliner, upholstery, leather wheel, shifter handle, sun visors, console are all mint. The only flaw I could find was a tiny crack in the horn button. No rips, burns, tears, wear spots, stains, or broken anything. It even has the original GM logo floor mats. No missing plastic door trim pieces, funky smells, etc. Never been smoked in. Even the console and glove box storage areas appear clean and unused--no dust, dirt, sticky crap, and other grossness you too often see in those areas. Clearly someone took excellent care of this car. The trunk is super nice. Factory carpet mat looks and feels like nothing has ever touched it.

Options include Power windows, power locks, power antenna, power trunk release, tilt, cruise, rear defroster, remote passenger mirror, lighted visor vanity mirror, EQ factory radio, and G80 posi. Cruise works, power antenna works, all lights and gauges work.

Engine bay is extra clean, stock, and unmodified. Still has original injectors, fuel pressure regulator, airbox, intercooler screen, etc.

Chassis is unrusted, and doesn't have a bunch of thick undercoating. Very original, with solid floors, perfect frame, and clean gas tank. Stainless exhaust features Hooker Aero mufflers.

Of all the GNs I've had, this is the 2nd or 3rd nicest I've ever had. The other two that might squeeze this one out had 5k miles or less on them.

The car is NOT perfect, because it has a few small stone chips, dings, and paint flaws, but nothing you'll notice unless you're looking really closely. Also, the AC is currently not cold, so likely needs a recharge. I can do that for the buyer at additional cost, as I do have some R12 available.

I want $17,900 for this car. I'm currently finishing up all the pictures for a killer ebay ad, and plan to have the ad up by this coming weekend.

I ran a Carfax on the car and it came out perfect, including verifying the miles to be correct. Unfortunately, I never printed the sucker off, and Carfax won't give me access to the report now that it's been more than 30 days. I'll be happy to provide the VIN to anyone who wants to run a Carfax if you have any doubts.

If you've been in the market for an excellent 87 GN hard top that is low mileage and does EVERYthing well, this is the car, and it's not ridiculously priced.

Call me soon. I've advertised the car locally and shown it twice this past weekend. 913-461-4890. Doug

Attachments

• TB8.jpg
    TB8.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,397
  • TB1.jpg
    TB1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,389
  • TB2.jpg
    TB2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,378
  • TB3.jpg
    TB3.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,370
  • TB4.jpg
    TB4.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,381
Here are a few more pics. I'll have engine, chassis, and other pics available for serious parties later in the week.

Attachments

• TB6.jpg
    TB6.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,372
  • TB5.jpg
    TB5.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,377
  • TB7.jpg
    TB7.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,376
  • TB9.jpg
    TB9.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,367
  • TB10.jpg
    TB10.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,378
I looked at Doug's other 87 GN that he sold about Thanksgiving time,and the car was as described!! I've not seen this car,but Doug said this car's paint was nicer than the one I looked at,and it was VERY VERY NICE!!!!!!!
He descibes them HONESTLY!!!!!!

Thanks, Mark. The check is in the mail. hehe :D

This is the car I think you would have bought had I had it at the time you came out to my place.

Take care for now.

I probably would of. I bought a 1 owner 86 GN from a man in Idaho. I'll have in it when its finished being painted as I could have bought yours!!!!!!
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Your car is absolutely beautiful. I love the pics you took, and the way you described it- can make anyone fall in lust with it.

Good Luck with the Sale

Thanks guys. Wait until you see the ad. If it makes it to ebay, the Buy It Now will be higher. I'd love to sell it to a TB.com member and not hassle with it. Save yourself some money and save me the time.

No disappointments. None. Zilch. Zero.

Here are a few more pics showing just how clean this car is. The rest will be available and seen in the ebay ad if I get that far before it sells. ;)

Attachments

• TB11.jpg
    TB11.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,194
  • int20.jpg
    int20.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,184
  • TB13.jpg
    TB13.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,190
  • roof1.jpg
    roof1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,172
  • TB15.jpg
    TB15.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,174
She's a beauty. Wish I had the money.:(
Bump for ya.

I spoke with Doug this morning about this car and it sounds like an absolutely beautiful peace and he was pretty enthusiastic about it. He was very informative and more than gracious. I just wish the car was a little closer to CT and to my pricerange. Of course if it haunts my sleep tonight like it did last night I might have to call him again in the morning. Jesse.

Doug, would you take a partial trade for the GN?? I've got a beauty of a 65 Skylark for sale or trade. See the photos at the link below. Let me know what you think. Call me days at 888-743-3207 ext 238. Thanks, John
Pictures by GSJohn1965 - Photobucket

John, that's a nice looking Skylark, but I really would like a straight sale at this time. Got my eye on a '79 Trans Am black on black that I want.....;)

I spoke with Doug this morning about this car and it sounds like an absolutely beautiful peace and he was pretty enthusiastic about it. He was very informative and more than gracious. I just wish the car was a little closer to CT and to my pricerange. Of course if it haunts my sleep tonight like it did last night I might have to call him again in the morning. Jesse.

Thanks for the kind words, Jesse. I'm telling you now, man, you are just going to kick yourself if you miss this one. I just don't get them this nice all that often. And again, this thing is freaky strong for a stocker. :eek:

I want to see the 79 TA......:biggrin:

and what wax do you use? That GN looks amazing.

I want to see the 79 TA......:biggrin:

and what wax do you use? That GN looks amazing.

I will definitely put the TA in the non-Buick cars for sale section should I acquire it.

As for wax, I typically use Zaino on slick paint jobs like this. Although, in reality, knowing how to take pictures of black cars is much more important to getting the results you want....:D