Show me your External Oiling System!

Thanks Sam for the very detailed description, I have made a copy of it
to hang in the assembly room so I don't install it incorrectly. I should
probably include a copy with the kit...................... never mind I usually
send them out already assembled.

Kevin is correct. Here is how I set mine up.

I used a 37\64 drill bit and tapped the block out to 3/8NPT for the oil supply. This is where the factory oil pressure sensor and turbo oil feed line were located. Then place a 3/8NPT to a -10 fitting into this hole. This will now supply the engine all of its vital oil.

Then you need to plug off the factory oil supply hole either in the block or the timing cover. (I chose to plug the timing cover).

The pick up hose is a -12. The oil supply hoses from the pump to the filter and from the filter the oil supply fitting in the block are -10. The by pass hose is -8.

Here is a photo which will probably better explain it

Sam, if I had an engine like that, I would go TSO :eek:

I haven't brought mine to running condition yet but I have a Series II gerotor lower section grafted onto a Stage II drysump upper section like Kendall's old setup to clear the frame on my '64 Riviera. I also am using a V8 Buick pan that has been cut down for the V6 (identical, would just need to weld the nose on it). I had to take 3/4in out of the horizontal run of the pick up tube to get it to fit the even more center sump of the pan. My oil comes in the stock passage in the block and out the outlet of the pump into a remote filter then back into the block through the old oil pressure fitting.
I'll get pictures of it when I get it torn down again for redoing the baffle and adding a low oil level sensor.