Show me your carpeted trunk kit.

G NASTY

I'm looking for a non glue kit for my 8k mile GN. Something similar to what Gm offered with some embroidery..thanks guys.

You mean like this?

DSC_0457.jpg

This came from good ol' Dennis Kirban, and I got a great deal on it because it was a 'mismatched" set. Didn't look mismatched to me. Installed with no glue, all just "clicks" in is the only way I can discribe it. Looks great and I couldn't be happier with it.:smile:

Bruce '87 Grand National

OOPS! Sorry, you said embroided, I just reread your post AFTER posting....sigh....I'm tired and in pain, well, at least I tried to help.

You mean like this?

View attachment 129258

This came from good ol' Dennis Kirban, and I got a great deal on it because it was a 'mismatched" set. Didn't look mismatched to me. Installed with no glue, all just "clicks" in is the only way I can discribe it. Looks great and I couldn't be happier with it.:smile:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Doesnt look bad at all. Very nice.

Thanks for the compliment. :biggrin: I took the suggestion of another member here on the board and went to Lowe's and bought some carpet padding, which I used on the trunk floor...now it's nice and soft, little more sound deadning, and things won't bounce all around back there.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Kirban's kit as well in my 87 with a custom built sub box and embroidery by a good friend :wink:

3047271396_cd79669896_b.jpg

And here are a few other samples I've seen...

5715269802_3b56b5d3f0_b.jpg

5714705221_959c782df8_b.jpg

5714704549_3d013c1039_b.jpg

Man, MR. C! That embroidery is beautiful. That just blows my trunk liner away.....all I have now is a 7" Grand National emblem (sticker) on a plastic backing with studs that I drilled two holes in the area where your embrodery is.....doesn't look too bad, but still I think it looks a little tacky (mine, not yours)

That's beautiful, thanks for showing.

Bruce '87 Grand National

My students' work

Here's ours....... students' design :cool: .... I just supply the MONEY!!! :D

Attachments

• trunk driver side web.jpg
    trunk driver side web.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 583
  • trunk passenger side web.jpg
    trunk passenger side web.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 427
this is the cutom trunk kit i just made. just wanted to keep it clean but add a little something so i put one 10" sub in. not sure if the pics are gonna work...first time posting pics.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 397
  • pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 386
My plan is to do the fenders with a pebbled bed-liner type of material and then finish the back of the rear seat and trunk with carpet. The stuff in there now is old and smelly.

Thats after I get my new turbo, downpipe, springs, BOV, tires, rims, blah blah blah... :biggrin:

My God!!!!!:eek: You guys' trunks just HUMBLE me!!! They are all beautiful.....I'm speachless!

Real nice ideas.....makes mine so plain Jane that I think I'll keep mine closed most of the time, except for loading groceries....:rolleyes:

Really beautiful trunk ideas, guys...I'm jealous:(

Bruce '87 Grand National

Man, MR. C! That embroidery is beautiful. That just blows my trunk liner away.....all I have now is a 7" Grand National emblem (sticker) on a plastic backing with studs that I drilled two holes in the area where your embrodery is.....doesn't look too bad, but still I think it looks a little tacky (mine, not yours)

That's beautiful, thanks for showing.

Bruce '87 Grand National

lol thanks Bruce. It was years in the making. I knew what I wanted it to look like just making it all come together is the hardest part. I was going to use all black carpet but I can't keep the carpet clean in the car let along the trunk! The gray helps hide the dust that's for sure! Even tho the front is one piece the subs are in 2 separate cabinets there and the amps are hiding between them. I also didn't want any wires/amps showing. :cool:

Here are a few shots of my custom trunk kit, Hidden under the rear deck is a custom box with 2x 12" JBL subs and a 5 ch. Alpine Amp. The cutouts are made of 1/8" MDF wrapped with the black felt.

Datar

Attachments

• GN Trunk install pics September 2008 002 [640x480].jpg
    GN Trunk install pics September 2008 002 [640x480].jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 323
  • GN Trunk install pics September 2008 007 [640x480].jpg
    GN Trunk install pics September 2008 007 [640x480].jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 329
  • GN Trunk install pics September 2008 008 [640x480].jpg
    GN Trunk install pics September 2008 008 [640x480].jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 353
Gotta ask....You fellas look like you've designed your own kits. What are you using as the carpet and backing? Just getting a roll of trunk felt and gluing down on some kind of cardboard?

well the bottom flat surface i just layed the carpet down, right and left sides i used thin plywood and of course for the back with the sub it was much thicker. the carpet was from menards (like a home depot) called autobond that they have in big rolls at cut to your length. i used a 3m spray glue adhesive and folded the carpet around the back side and used a staple gun. its a lot of small cuts with the wood trying to make it fit properly but its nice and snug when it all works out!