Should i trade? Yes or No?

NeverFastEnuf

Well I am kind of giving up on my Jeep as i think its about time to let her go and time to experiment with something new. I'm super attached to this Jeep so im wanting it to go to a good home. Now the deal is I have a guy that is wanting to trade me a 1991 toyota pickup with the 22re 4 cylinder engine with a 5 speed behind it and wrapping it all up with it being 4x4. He has a 3 inch lift on it with 31 inch tires on it and my jeep has a 4.5inch lift on it with 33 inch tires.

Now what im asking is how reliable would the truck be? I have been trying to do some research on the 22re engine but i have not found anything solid. The truck has 214000 miles and my jeep has 179500 miles on it with around 40-50 thousand miles on the engine rebuild.

Would i be getting a good trade deal or not?

Thanks for any help guys.

what year is your Jeep or did I miss it?

Sounds like your trading 1 headache for another.

Do you need these vehicles for FUN or Daily driver?

Haha you didnt miss it i just didnt include the year of my jeep. Havent slept since yesterday morning so I am kind of out of it. But its a 1998 Jeep Cherokee. I have replaced quite a bit on it and its almost ready for a bigger lift and tires.

And i would hope his isnt a headache as im kind of tired of mine already.

But my Jeep was my fun toy for mud and climbing stuff and it is also my daily driver. Another thing is i will be getting a job where i will not have too much time to dink around with four wheel drives anymore so its time to settle my attention on the Buick :D

Sounds like you shouldn't mix Toy & Daily driver.. Just my opinion.

You already have 2 other toys why not just get a clean daily driver for getting you to work and errands.

Not sure that other truck fits the bill as a daily driver. unless your living in no mans land in the back woods with dirt roads.
I do know here in NH once you get away from civlization you get some pretty rough dirt roads.

Yeah i figured that one out the hard way when i was without my Jeep for a bit this winter and it was the days we were getting hit hard. Gonna learn not to do that one again.

And for a daily driver Im really wanting to get a 4x4 as i do live in IA which is the snowy state.

And that other truck looks pretty much stock just a little higher with a bit bigger tires. He does state the motor was rebuilt around 150000 miles and gets around 20 MPG on average. That would defiantly satisfy me as a DD.

Yeah i figured that one out the hard way when i was without my Jeep for a bit this winter and it was the days we were getting hit hard. Gonna learn not to do that one again.

And for a daily driver Im really wanting to get a 4x4 as i do live in IA which is the snowy state.

And that other truck looks pretty much stock just a little higher with a bit bigger tires. He does state the motor was rebuilt around 150000 miles and gets around 20 MPG on average. That would defiantly satisfy me as a DD.

You cant beat a 4cyl for gas milage unless you get a motorcycle

I went from 2.2 4cyl s10 to a 4.3 4x4 s10 crew cab. I visit my indian (india) friends more that I care to see them. :(

I went from like 30mpg to 12mpg.. My 4x4 sucks better than a hooker.:D:eek:

I love the toyotas, but you could always sell it if you dont want it afterwards its easy to set a toy up high.

I have heard from a few people that toyotas with the 22re 4 cylinder engine are pretty amazing. Only down low is my jeep is worth far more than his truck is. My jeep has a rebuilt motor that is stroked slightly and is ready for a turbo set up. It has a new radiator, new brakes all the way around, new few pump, new belt, semi new tires, semi new alternator and starter, has new speakers and radio in it. Im sure im missing alot more things. Im just in one of those situations where i dont know which way to turn. People are telling me to stay with the Jeep and not get the yota but people are saying the other way around too. Im just so confused and i wish i knew which one was the better choice.

I have heard from a few people that toyotas with the 22re 4 cylinder engine are pretty amazing. Only down low is my jeep is worth far more than his truck is. My jeep has a rebuilt motor that is stroked slightly and is ready for a turbo set up. It has a new radiator, new brakes all the way around, new few pump, new belt, semi new tires, semi new alternator and starter, has new speakers and radio in it. Im sure im missing alot more things. Im just in one of those situations where i dont know which way to turn. People are telling me to stay with the Jeep and not get the yota but people are saying the other way around too. Im just so confused and i wish i knew which one was the better choice.

get the yota and some cash or dont trade things you do either that you cant do with the other.

So you would recommend trying to get some cash on top of the yota? Otherwise stay away? Or did i understand you wrong? Sorry im running off no sleep at the moment so excuse me if i misread anything.

you really need sleep..look at your sig,says everything about your jeep..:wink::wink:

Well just found his truck for sale and in his for sale ad he only wants 3900 for it.

Heres the link so you guys can tell me if its worth the trade or not.

Yota

You cant beat a 4cyl for gas milage unless you get a motorcycle

I went from 2.2 4cyl s10 to a 4.3 4x4 s10 crew cab. I visit my indian (india) friends more that I care to see them. :(

I went from like 30mpg to 12mpg.. My 4x4 sucks better than a hooker.:D:eek:

My 22re oddly doesn't get that great of mileage. Probably has something to do with the fact that its around 3k RPM at 75 MPH.....5 speed too

3900 is he on crack or something? Those trucks are not worth that much at all! I would def. get some cash with it.

Well guys i cracked and decided to keep the Jeep. Its like a turbo buick to me. In a way if you guys know what i mean. I put too much time and effort into that Jeep to let it go this easy.

NOW what i need is some good suggestions on a daily driver car. Thinking a AWD car as well just incase my jeep decides to give in and break down that way i have another winter vehicle. I have been looking at getting a Audi A4. Give me some good suggestions that is 8k or lower. Thanks guys once again!