Should I spend this $35???

AirBuick

I've been a member of the GSCA for about ten years and it's time to renew the annual dues for their bi-monthly newsletter. This board gives me so much info that I wonder if being a GSCA member is worth it. How many of you guys are GSCA members and should I renew?
Thanks

I'm a member and I definitely think this is worth it.

As far as I know this board does not throw one of the biggest Buick events of the year!

I've been a member since '84 and I'm unsure if I should re-up or not this year. I probably will though. They were only about a year behind on the alky injection info along with other stuff like the power plate.

Member here since '86 and like Gregg, I too have a TR and BB Buick. Worth it to me. Too much information is never enough!

I dropped the GSCA and went with the new and upcoming BPG club.

At least my vote means something. ;)

Good people too.

Buick Performance Group.

Fledgeling club lotsa V8 guys and some good V6 folks.

2004 will have a National Event as well. :)

Are they accepting new members? Im both a v8 and v6 Buick guy myself :D Is there a website ?

Here's some of the scoop on the BPG. Yes, there is a website:
www.buickperformancegroup.com
The club has a membership of over 500 Buick guys with a broad mix of turbo and BB cars. We are having our first national event in August of 04 at the Quaker City Dragway in Salem, OH. In 2003 the BPG sponsored the T&T day on Thursday before the Buick Raceday at Norwalk, OH. We sponsored the Midwest Race in Kearney, NE, the Lone Star race near Waco, TX, the East Coast race at Cecil County, Md, the West Coast Nats in Las Vegas and held a track rental at Norwalk Raceway Park.
Our focus is to have fun. We are a club, not a revenue generating corporation, that is directed to the Buick enthuiast. There is an elected Board of Directors that run the operations of the club. Our events are heavily attended by turbo cars, and the turbo car has always led the way.
There may be a misconception that the BPG is geared to the BB Buick because we are closely associated with the V8buick.com website. That is not true. We are a Buick club. The BPG has posted many announcements on this website and openly welcomes all Buick racers and car enthuiasts. There is a great comrodery between the turbo and BB cars. After all, we kick there butt everyday.:D :D
Annual dues are $35. 6 newsletters (color) a year.
Did I mention there are no ADMINISTRATION FEES to attend the BPG National Event. You can camp out at the track, enjoy the 300+ pit spots with electricity, and we don't charge $5 to bring your tow vehicle into the pits. Four days of fun and Buicks. Hope to see you all there.

PS: The BPG "Build Sheet", our newsletter, is always looking for informative articles. If there is something you would like to see in print, an article about your car, a technical column, just send it to Rick Martinez (editor) and he will include it in the next printing. Don't be shy.

cool

Thanks for the info guys. I am going to go join now. It's going to be nice to have a national event so close to home. :)

Now you know why they only let me sweep up over there. ;)

Don't know much about anything. :D

Good group of people and the first big event should be great!

Thanks for the links. :)

Remember it's just starting up so don't expect the polished propaganda you are used to. :eek:

However YOUR input is valued and needed in this club. :cool:

Whether to stay a GSCA member depends on how much you "get" out of it. I personally love the Nats' and look forward to every issue. I love these cars and simply can't get enough of them. I don't have a problem paying dues or fees that allow me to race or admittance in the Nats'. As for people who have gripes with R.L. or B.J., that's between all of them. I personally haven't had any bad dealings with them. I'm actually counting the days till all the Buicks come back to town.

Thanks guys for your replies. I am going to go ahead and renew the membership. Even though I haven't been to the Nats' in quite some time, it'll be cool when I can get back. Also, more and positive information about our Buicks doesn't hurt either. :)

Member since 1987 and will continue to be.

Looking forward to the Nats again. As stated previously, the club is what you get out of it.

GSCA member for 12 years. Will continue to be as well. I get something from it and they're the ONLY ones who put on a 5DAY Buick event for us "gear-head" Buick guys V8 & V6 for OVER 20 some-odd years.:cool: