Should I sell my 70 Challenger TA? Need Help

jasons kwik 6

Ive trying to decide what to do and would like different opinions. I have a 4 speed,#'s matching 340 6 pack Challenger TA. Lime green with white top and interior. The body panels that unbolt are off. It needs a total restoration really and Ive owned it for about 8 years. Surface rust on top, needs new trunk pan, quarters are?. I drove it before I took it apart some.

It has been in my county since it was new and I know it would make a great car. I dont know alot about Mopars, but I know that tey are alot of musle car guys on here. Kinda looking to see what you all thought and what it would bring if I sold it. HELP!!

I'll give you a couple hundrd bucks for it. :D And I'll have the cash in your hand in as long as it takes to get there under boost.

A buddy sells Mopar stuff on ebay all the time. I am baffled at the value of some of those parts/cars. Hell, he just sold some Challenger he found in the junkyard for a healthy profit. There was something unique about the combo of the car AND IT DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE ENGINE that made the car rare!

try Moparts.com.Its a bulitin board similar to this one[just for slowpars:D ]

Keith

I sold my '70 'cuda440 (Plum crazy/Air conditioning/one of 618) for $10K over Christmas. Totally rust free, but need assembly and paint (was in finish primer).

People want complete, FINISHED cars. I sold a rust bucket (solid trunk, but ? inner fenders) '71 340 Cuda for $25K because it looked good from 10 feet.

I would guess you could sell your TA for around $8-14K (depends on the buyer). If you've owed it 8 years that is less than you have in it. You can invest the money in depressed stocks, sell them and buy it back from the guy you sell it to for $25K in five years after he puts at least that in it.

I sold my mopars because I drove them an decided they look cool, but they aren't "all that". I even hated driving the convertible. If I could have a perfect 'cuda340 convertible or a new cobra convert (the current market value is the same) I'd take the cobra in a heartbeat. Why own a car you don't like to drive?

I like Buicks because they are substance over style. Ricers are into "cars you look at". That stage of my life is long gone.

tuff decision!!! IF ya keep it an "restore" it you can tie up an aweful amount of $$$$$... BUT I am sure it would be nice to have when its done. BUT that depends how old ya are...;) .. I wouldnt do it cause it takes a lot of time an aggravation. I would buy one all done an then in a month when I got tired of it resell it:cool:

cuda

I had a new from the factory 71 Duster with the 340 auto. It doesn't even come close to the SOP that I get from my GN. I think Mopar guys are Mopar guys and for those of us who want sheer speed and the thrill of going 0-60 in under 5 sec. stick with the "Black Bricks" Just MHO but you could sell your Goat and put the $$ into a car that is special and will dust any 340 6 pack or 12 pack for that matter. Again, no flame intended.

Roger