should i do it?

novaderrik

i found me a pretty decent deal on an 84 Mustang that's set up with a mild 351W and a 5 speed that has an asking price of $2995.. i'm thinking about seeing if i can trade my 84 T Type for it..

on the one hand, i do like the Regal and it is a good cruiser.. plus it's surprisingly quick for such a big quiet car.
on the other hand, i haven't had the thing out of storage for almost a year now, and after driving my 86 Camaro for almost 10,000 miles this year the Regal just feels kinda- i don't know- "funky" when i sit behind the wheel and make vroom vroom noises.. i've never really liked the seating position of the 60/40 split bench in it... and it's probably the most unreliable car i've ever owned - when i do get to drive it, it just seems like there's always something that needs to be fixed or played with..

i won't have a chance to go look at the Mustang until friday at the earliest..

hello; I've never been a fan of HA cars. If it was me I'd talk to the guy selling the Mustang and see where it goes. If there's nothing there sell your car here and go for it.
IBBY

If that Stang has a decent body/paint then go for it. Im one of the rare people that loves GN's & Mustangs (particularly Fox bodies). Have two Turbo cars and two Fox's, they both have a totally different feel to them. I also need to get my 5 spd fix from time to time that unfortunately the TR's dont give.

The Stang will be a lot less trouble, cheaper to run, and faster than a stock Hot Air with that 351 in it. I say go for it, good luck either way.

never mind.. the Mustang isn't on their website any more.. but they do have a solid little Maverick with Arizona plates on it..

if anyone is curious, this is at a rather large (over 100 acres) junkyard in central MN that is run by a family of gearheads.. they always have a good selection of nice used cars. they like to buy up solid cars from the desert states and bring them up here- that's where i got the 71 nova that i used to have, as well as a couple of 9C1 Caprices and about a dozen other cars that i've had over the years..

never mind.. the Mustang isn't on their website any more.. but they do have a solid little Maverick with Arizona plates on it..

if anyone is curious, this is at a rather large (over 100 acres) junkyard in central MN that is run by a family of gearheads.. they always have a good selection of nice used cars. they like to buy up solid cars from the desert states and bring them up here- that's where i got the 71 nova that i used to have, as well as a couple of 9C1 Caprices and about a dozen other cars that i've had over the years..
What is the website?