Should every TR have translator and ls maf.

Arturo

Does upgrading to an ls1 maf and translator really make that much diffrence? If so anybody selling a translator?

It allows for easier tuning, measuring greater volume of air flow, and usually results in a smoother idle. With a Turbo Tweak chip you should be good to go. My thought is almost every mildly modded TR can benefit from a translator. More heavily modded cars seem to benefit from a speed density arrangement.

It IS a good upgrade. I love mine. Greater reliability than the stock maf and adds tuning ability. One of my "top 5" things I did to my car. The ability to adjust fuel and timing curves is nice. My translator plus is not as good as the new gen II/pro, or an aftermarket ecu, but it sure beats the hell out of tuning with boost and fuel pressure after the maf has topped out.

That being said, it is by no means a "must have", at least not like a better fuel pump/wiring and scan tool are "must haves". Plenty of people going fast without it, and going cross country without it. I've heard turbotweak's stuff is top notch also. But I have no personal experience with turbotweak stuff.

My next project will probably get my translator plus and I'll buy a gen II for the GN.

The translator does not affect the airflow that the sensor can read that's a limit of the ECM. It allows a sensor that will flow more air but the limit will still be at 255 unless you go to an extender chip

For me, I noticed it spools up a lot faster than with the stock unit. I have an old translator and a used LS1 maf.

I upgraded mine and have had it for about a month. And I must say it runs smoother and responds a little better. I still have the stock converter but have noticed it spools up a little better! 3k stall converter this monday, should be the cherry on top :). But ya a good mod to have.